zebra scrimshaw on a Cowles knife

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I finally scrimmed a knife!!! :banana:

I just finished this Saturday night, and am totally thrilled with how it turned out. I really want to scrim knives, so I set out to do the best I could on this piece, color and everything! The entire knife is about 5.25 inches in length. Don Cowles will have it a Blade Show, please take a look at it there! (I won't be there, unfortunately).

There will be some professional photos taken at Blade Show, but I couldn't wait that long to post this! :big grin:

-Katherine

Andrew Biggs

Hi Katherine

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

It just dosn't get any better than this. Every single thing about it is world class!!! I love the way you have chosen your subject and moulded it into the shape of the handle to compliment the overall flow of the knife.

You are well on your way Katherine. Congratulations :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Paul Chung

very nice,I like it a lot it looks so life like. Excuse me if I ask, but is scimshaw engraving on bone or ivory?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Katherine,

I second everything Andrew just wrote! You have done a great job on this knife, and I have a feeling that more commissions will be coming your way!

best

Rod

Carlo

Beautiful liner lock knife (very good damascus steel) with a wonderful scrimshaw!
The reflections on the water are realistics.
Wich kind of lenses did you use?

P.S.
Why don't you engrave also the bolsters........

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Ok Katherine, now remove the photo from the knife....

....that is outstanding gorgeous - a class of it's own! Do i really see the vein of the first zebra?
Bravo! Thank you for showing this.
Mario

Last edited:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wooo, that is as good as it gets. Incredable! Thanks for showing what a person can acheive! It looks alive enough for a croc to come sailing out of that water any second.
Seth

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My hat's off to ya Ma'am, That is outstanding work! I wouldn't be surprised if Don kept that one for himself! Your work is beautiful and a pleasure to behold!

Dwayne

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great piece Katherine. I especially like the way you had the top border stop where it hits the backs of the Zebra and it gives a little wiggle to the top of the scrimshaw. Nice touch.
Marty

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Katherine, this beautiful piece should bring both you and Don a lot of commissions when Don displays it at the upcoming Atlanta Blade Show.
Congratulations on another jewel.

PS. As a rider, how'd you like to try a saddle on one of these guys?
They can put on a real rodeo!

Best wishes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors