3-piece-ring

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
found this foto of a ring i made out of 3 pieces of flat silver sheet. i wore the beast for years. looks like it too ! no, i didn't quit my day job, either.

Attachments

• RING.JPG
    RING.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 149

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
So were there any people with a back wards monogram imprinted in their forehead. It
looks like a great bar room brawl ring. One of the first rings I ever carved was in
Detroit for the owner of a blind pig.

He wanted a fire hydrant out of 10k y/g not because his day job was a fireman.
Rather it was his weapon of choice. Not the ring but the real thing.

monk

Staff member
the ring, as rings go, was huge. but, just the way i wanted it. i made a set of 3 with monos, a diamond shaped one, and a square shaped one. ea. with appropriately cut monos. over the years they got lost in bar fights & what not. the diamond shaped one left nasty lacerations on peoples faces !

monk

Staff member
no. way too lazy ! foolishly, i managed to quit most of my drinking. i now get ripped on iced tea. it makes me mean as hell !

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Monk,
Seeing your ring made me finally decide to show this one - lost wax that I made about 5 or 6 years ago. My daughter has started wearing it for a pinky ring. Just about the limit of my artistic endeavors lately - and it sure didn't let me quit my day job, either.
Gary

Attachments

• pinky 1.JPG
    pinky 1.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 47

monk

Staff member
aw, that was a lovely ring for your daughter. i'm sure she will never part with it. i fiddled with lost wax in flat pendants and such, but never in serious 3-d stuff like rings. i didn't want to get a vacuum machine or centrifacator and all the junk you needed to do that properly.

Latest posts

Sponsors