Motorcycle part

Yvan

Hi evryone.
It's the first time I post on the forum.(Marcus, thank you for giving me the guts to post)
This is a picture of a Harley's derby cover. The photo was taked before chrome plating.
I would welcome some coments, constructive or destructive.
Thank you for looking. Yvan

Attachments

• Derby Cover 008.jpg
    Derby Cover 008.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 154

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice and clean. It looks like you removed the background very well. Just curious how it held up after plating. Did you loose much detail. It would be interesting to see it after plating also. Just for curiosity sake.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum!
(or at least to posting ;))

I agree with Mike - that looks nice and clean. :thumbs up:

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
I dont know why you didnt want to post either.
The work looks good and I would like to see the plated job too.
Make sure they dont buff the piece before its plated as I've had my work buffed off a couple of times.
Good luck and thanks for posting.
Keith

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You don't make a lot of money doing masterpieces, Yvan. This is more the type of thing you will be doing for the general public and it is well done. If you are trying to make a living at this, your customer will love it. That is what matters.

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron S

Yvan

Thank you for your comments.
The customer is taking care of the chrome plating, but next time I'll try to have a photo of before and after the plating.
Mike: Yes the background is removed, and after plating it loose some detail. this is why I did'nt make much shading in the scrolls.
Ron: I guess there is a market for the job at 1000.$ and more+ and a market for the 100.$ job.
Thank you ! Yvan