Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff, Joe. Looking forward to spending some time with you again in Novi!

Post Thanks / Like

Great interview, Joe.
    And world class work.
    Thanks for sharing.
    John B.

Post Thanks / Like

It took me a few year to realize how good Joe Rundell was. I decided a year ago that he would win the Engravers choice award with this gun. He is a really nice guy besides. He was very good about sharing some of his techniques with me at the 2008 show. I am very happy for you Joe and proud to know you. You deserve the recognition that you have worked so hard to accomplish. You are one of the very best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Joe, you are the man! Thanks for the interview and the photos of your fabulous engraving. Very inspiring work!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Tira,

Thank you so much for this very inspiring interview!
    He is a great man, but it takes a special person to bring out greatness in any man.

Boris

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, I have already said it to you, but I will say it again. Ahhh........That piece is superb! Ahhh....It is good to see you get the recognition you deserve. Ahhh........Perhaps you will join us on this forum. Ahhh.....HeeHeeHee

Our little private joke........Just had to pull your chain a little.....couldn't resist.

Rock on, buddy!!

Ron S

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the interview Tira and Joe.
    I join with the others in saying the pictures of Joe's gun are very nice, but they are really only a hint of how beautiful it is when seeing it in real time. Just unbelievably beautiful work, lock, stock, and barrel.
    gailm
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    Robt. Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

We had the pleasure of spending a week together in Winston's GM class in 2007. What a fun & challenging time & one of those memories I will treasure. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the work you had (done at the time) on your shotgun & I believe it turned out even better than what you described to me then.
    You are a fine fellow with a lot of character & it comes across well in the interview (oh yeah, you're a pretty darn good engraver too!!!!). Thanks for taking the time to share & I really enjoyed getting to know you!
    I am still in awe!

Hope to see you again sometime,
    Weldon
    "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends". John 15:13

http://www.weldonlister.com

http://weldonlister-engraving.typepa...ter-engraving/

Post Thanks / Like

JUST WHO IS THIS JOE RUNDELL CHARACTER ANYWAY!!!!

I mean REALLY, just because he can engrave masterfully, inlay masterfully, carve stocks masterfully, BIG DEAL!

Well I'll tell you who he really is. He was the second guy I met at the FEGA 2008 convention who actually took the time to really talk to me, a novice, like I was already part of the clan. The first to do this was John B. who I claim to be a true friend. After the first full day of the show we happened to be in the same line waiting to enter a restaurant in the hotel. He immediately asked me to join him for dinner (and even payed for mine!). Now remember, this guy didn't know me from Adam, but accepted me into the fraternity without question. I will never forget his kindness but more importantly his humor. This year we met-up again in Reno and again had a great time BS-ing.

He deserved all the awards he took home but he deserves credit for his character also.

Proud to know him and I hope he gets his butt in gear and learns how to get on the Internet and particularly THIS FORUM so everyone can pick his brain for engraving "nuggets".

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully if I've done this right there should be bigger photos of Joe's gun to look at and enjoy. Credit and thanks goes to Sam Welch for photographing the Reno FEGA award winning guns for the Engraver magazine

Cheers
    Andrew
    Attached Images