More of my work

James Miller

First I would like to thank all who have given nice comments on my work. As requested here are some more photos of my work including some eggs, flowers and a bird. All items are made from 18ct gold and hard fired enamels, the lily of the valley blooms are pearls with diamond settings. The eggs and their stands range in height from 6 inches to 9 inches. All items are unique, one off designs. For the flower vases I use either unique hand blown glass or carved rock crystal. The carved rock crystal vases are carved to my design by Manfred Wilde of Emil Becker Lapidaries in Idar Oberstein, Germany. The humming bird is feeding from carved rock crystal, diamond set blooms, the base is of rosewood with a mineral specimen of pyromorphite set on it's top.
I hope you like what you see, and if you wish to see more of my work, as Kevin P remarked before, I do have a book of my work being published by Robert Hale Books at the end of May hopefully, this book contains 145 photos of my unique pieces. The book is titled" The Work of a Master Goldsmith;a Unique Collection"

Attachments

• first plique e-jour egg.jpg
    first plique e-jour egg.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Orchid egg 1.jpg
    Orchid egg 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Orchid egg 2.jpg
    Orchid egg 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Strawberry egg 2.jpg
    Strawberry egg 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 144
  • Strawberry egg 1.jpg
    Strawberry egg 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Humming bird on pyromorphite.jpg
    Humming bird on pyromorphite.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Lily of the valley in hand blown glass.JPG
    Lily of the valley in hand blown glass.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Opal white Chrysanths.jpg
    Opal white Chrysanths.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 125

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wonderful work James, good to have al that work published in a book as it is probably your life work.
Do you still make similar art?

arnaud

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Exquisite work James. Everything you have posted is just beautiful.

It is a pleasure to have you on the forum and posting pictures of world class art.

Not long ago, I noticed a great book at the library on the works of Carl Faberge. I was surprised to find that he was a taskmaster moreso than the creator of all those Faberge eggs. It was a great read and showed all the most reknowned eggs. I forget the main jewelers name, but I had always thought Faberge made the eggs!

Your work would fit right in with the ones depicted in that book.

Thanks,

Last edited:

James Miller

Peter, Faberge's egg craftsman was possibly Michael Evamplevitch Perchin, I have all of the books of Faberge and there is not a single photo of work actually made by Peter Karl Faberge. Although most authors give craftsmen credit within the text, one of my most common moans is that here in the UK craftsmen rarely get credit for their work. Most of my work has been sold as the work of Asprey, Garrard from their London and New York stores.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Although most authors give craftsmen credit within the text, one of my most common moans is that here in the UK craftsmen rarely get credit for their work. Most of my work has been sold as the work of Asprey, Garrard from their London and New York stores.

James, I think that is all over the world, I sometimes make High End jewellery for traders who are selling to the big brands, and it is not aloud to even show your work as than the traders will have problems.
That is the way brands work today, they have some designers of their own, but also buy designs from designers and put their names on it.

arnaud

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
James -For those of us who work in this field we know what it takes and how many expert crafts people it takes to accomplish work at a certain level.
I'm a collector of books and one of my Faberge books even credits individual workshop masters. But the average person would not be interested to know.

One of the reasons that I hope your notes will be published. Many here would love to have then to accompany the 'picture' book.
All the best.
Kevin P.

James Miller

I thought you might like to seeone of my larger pieces, a piece that involved a lot of graver outlining and saw piercing on the overlays to the enamel bowls and center piece. This piece was 16 inches tall. The blue guilloche enamelled sections were silver and the overlayed decorative sections were hand pierced 18ct white gold. the flowers were 18ct yellow gold each bloom with engraved rexturing under transparent enamelling. Each flower center was set with a spray of diamonds as stamens. This was one of seven sets of similar designs of sweet dishes that I made in the 1990s as palace furniture for the Sultan of Brunei.
Thanks for looking,
James Miller FIPG.

Attachments

• 082- 12 bowl Table set 4.jpg
    082- 12 bowl Table set 4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 53

isaac

That is the work of a true master. Only a few modern masters like Farnum Spalding, Mario Bucallati, Carvin French, to name few, have even come close to what you have displayed here. It is inspiring to see that caliber of work in todays world. Thanks for sharing!

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
James, your work is fantastic, Thanks for showing...
Is there a book or books with allot of your art and work???
Jerry

James Miller

James, your work is fantastic, Thanks for showing...
Is there a book or books with allot of your art and work???
Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Yes I have a book being published at the end of May hopefully, it is called "The Work of a Master Goldsmith;a Unique Collection" , it is being advertised on Amazon and other booksellers worldwide at the moment. The book will have around 160 photos and will show most of my unique work pieces, made over the past 40 years.
You can also see some more of my work by just clicking Google Images and typing in James Miller FIPG in the search area.
Regards James

Latest posts

Sponsors