website of Italian engravers

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great but my not knowing the language limits my interest.

There is so much great work posted on the forums and I recently acquired the Firmo and Francesca Fricassi book. That gives me more than enough inspiration and also makes me realize how great the work is of the masters.

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud

ThankYou for the heads up, on the Italian Website.

Very Beautiful Pictures, Very High Resolution Photographs, Wonderful Work.

The Photo's are of such high resolution, and quality, you can cut out a Bulino animal, blow up the photograph and see how they produced the different color shades with both cuts and dot's.

Perfect Examples of Bulino, How to Do it and What Not To Do.

Go to the Web Site, Inglesina page, Fifth photo, of the Bald Eagle, cut it out, blow it up and you can see exactly how the Engraver used graver cuts to produced the different colors (from Black to White).

I hope if they see this Post they understand, I do not mean to knock this Engravers work, ( It Is Outstanding ).

However on his FEGA Video ( Bulino Techniques ) Chris DeCamillis emphasizes the point.

Do Not scratch your design on the Metal.

Unless you sand out the scratch, It Will be there, even If you cut over it.

You can see the background design through the Eagle Image (See the large circle).

You can see the design even where the Engraver has shaded over the background design (See small circles).

This is the first example I have seen to know what Chris was talking about.

Ken

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Ken, I'm not telling what to do with the high resolution photos, but your tip storing an blow up indeed shows a lot on how this is done.
And indeed, I never saw photos of Bulino in this resolution, it makes a lot clear. :)

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors