Copyright-free Scroll Designs

Andrew Biggs

Hi Kevin

Istock is a web site that you pay for photos and graphics etc. It's geared toward the professional designers with high quality images that can be used in magazines, brochures etc. Here's the link It's virtually done away with the big collections that you used to have to purchase. I use Istock quite a bit for my sign work and magazine work.

I'm unsure of the exact link to Sam's graphic work and I hope he put's it in this thread...........it is top of the line graphic work and just dosn't get any better.

Cheers
Andrew

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Arnaud

What all this means.............You would have to read the fine print on the Istock web site to get the exact wording/terminology..........is that the graphics/photos are "royalty free". That means that you can keep using the graphic without paying royalties every time you use it.

You still have to purchase the initial graphic. It is not free and you can't use the thumbnails that pop up when you run your cursor over it. I'm pretty sure all the artwork is covered by copyright as well so that means you can't take credit for it.

Once you have purchased the graphic/photo it is your's to use as many times as you like...........wherever you like.......on whatever you like.

The price of these photos/graphics is cheap and ensures that people like Sam and anyone else that supplies to Istock get paid..............which in turn makes them want to create more graphics for people to use.

But like I said..............check out the fine print on the web site first.

Cheers
Andrew

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Once you know Sam's work............

Once you know Sam's work it's quite recognizable on the Istock webite, and his scroll designs are of the highest quality.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I understand and already thought so, and if there is no interest for the designer to have his designs on line, then why would he put them there.
I also have an account on istockphoto, to sell my photos, but never used it as what istock pays is peanuts for what they charge.
But I'm sure if one has the graphics that customers want, it is a good business, and you don't have to do much for it.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors