Filigreed Headstall

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
This is a very nice picture of the finished filigreed and engraved sterling silver headstall pieces I did for Rick Ricotti last year. It's amazing to me what a professional photographer can do. (For those of you who have seen the raw pictures of this, Please forgive my indulgence...)

Greg Pauline

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wow, that is impressive! Beautiful work and photography, too. Congratulations!

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is outstanding Greg!!...........beautiful and out of the ordinary.

Ron S

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can hardly believe that people put something so fine on a horse for it to sweat on. I realize that Ed Bholin did lots of elaborate silver mounted tack for parade riders but it lacked the finesse and design quality of Greg's work.

Thanks for sharing,

CRB

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg, we think you you an indulge if you want to-wonderful silver work-just what the show curcuit needs. Got the horses pret-ner-perfected anyway-Fred

Patrick46

WOW...beautiful work Greg!!! The ad talks about the art of the saddle...but I only see the art of your engraving! I especially like the negative cut-a-ways on the buckle....LOVE THAT!

and I notice that there are 'raised' flowers...are these engraved rivet heads???

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, there's a lady about a mile and a half down the road who raises and sells arabian horses. The horses live in these wonderful looking barns with rubber floors.
Pretty exotic. I guess beautiful horse need beautiful silver work. That's handsome, quality silverwork.
Now I have to find out what a headstall is since I live in horse country.
Kevin P.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Greg,
You want to hear something pretty wild. I was thinking about this buckle set this morning and here I get on the forum and there it is. I'm really glad you posted the picture. I was blown away the first time you posted the original pictures and I remain so now. Your work is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Stewart

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Quality work. Thanks for showing; it's inspiring. It certainly inspires me to do some western fabrication.
Kevin P.

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everyone so much for all the kind words and thank you for tolerating my indulgence. It is very much appreciated. Rick sent the picture to me last week and was so kind as to give me permission to post it here on the forum.
Patrick~ A friend of mine has a die that mints these flowers. I then soldered them to the pieces.
Phil~ I have not spoken with Chuck Stormes in quite some time. I have never met him face to face. We don't quite see things eye to eye.

Greg Pauline

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Greg, Indulge all you want, as it makes us all feel good to see your work! Piercing is hard to do, and you have done it sooo well.
Thanks for sharing.
gailm