Progress on Greener

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, This is going to be a wonderful piece. I really enjoy all of the subtle little details such as the dots which I didn't notice until I saw the blow-up.
Lee

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
Phil,
Great work, thanks for the blow up shot. It great to se how others shade there work. Most photos don't alow this.
All the best
Rick

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,
WOW...
You just made me feel like I need to start over engraving again!
Lots of stuff to study there...
Thanks,
Rex

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, I would normally would make no comment on your work because it is so far above anything I can do, but a couple of things caught my eye in looking at the close up shot of your work. I noticed a couple design details that to me were very intriguing. The dots or bumps in the lower leaves I don't recall seeing them in a design before. The main stem of the leaf at the lower left side of the lever is different from all the others. The main stem of the leaf that joins the first leaf I mentioned has engraved lines accross the stem and you used this on a leaf on the right side of the lever again but I can find it nowhere else in your design. These little differences I find very interesting and I am intrigued by your decision to use them so sparingly and only in this one location in your design. I find this design a joy to study because it is not repetitive to the point that once you have looked at one area of the design the other areas are just the same.

Thank you very much for sharing such beautiful work.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the immortal words of Wayne and Garth......"WE'RE NOT WORTHY...WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" It's frightening what your can do with a bit of cold steel!

Mark

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Phil That is wonderful work!! I hope to reach a point where i can do that kind of work....If i live long enough. Thanks for shareing!!
Steve

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Superb Phil!!

What are your subjects going to be?

I also like the oakleaf scroll combination. Thanks for showing.

Ron S

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice design and execution Phil!
Your ornamentation is completely original and yet also in the English tradition. It makes me think of the artistic movement "Arts and Craft"
Alain

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phill, you keep amazing me with your fine work. The more I progress in my learning process, the more refined beauty I discover in your designs and engraving. :)

arnaud

WDA

Phil,

Absolutely wonderful , an interesting mix of small details and world class
skill. Thanks for the close up view.

Bill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
aint too many going to live long enough to "catch up" to this artist !mr coggan seems to start where others leave off.

Latest posts

Sponsors