Lynton McKenzie Info--Pics

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynton S.M. MacKenzie

From my archives is a pic from Lynton's workplace in New Orleans, ca 1970, by David Trevallion, and another of a piece he did for Ed Weber..
Barry Lee Hands Bigfork Montana

Lynn E.

Thanks

Thank you Barry! Some more pics for the archives.
All these closeups are great for studying his work, but I especially love seeing him at work in his shop.
Something about that...
Lynn

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Great photos Barry. I have the hammer he's using in the photo, along with a couple of the chisels shown.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Why do I only see a red X where the pictures are?

Jim, This thread is three and a half years old. The pics were probably downloaded from something like Photobucket then later deleted from that site.

It is interesting to note that Lynn E, who started this thread, only posted nine times and then dissappeared into the ethernet. I wonder if he or she ever learned to engrave like McKenzie:rolleyes:

RB

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Rodger. To bad, I did not get the pictures when first posted. I don't know how I missed them.

Bill Brockway

McKenzie book

Lynn -

Steve Lindsay has recently published a booklet of McKenzie's notes on sharpening and cutting, with a large number of smoke prints of his work and a smattering of photos of his benchtop. Should be a "must-have" for students of Lynton's work. The book is somewhat pricey at $100 plus shipping, but has more of Lynton's work than you will find in one place elsewhere.

You can find the ordering details at Steve's web site.

Bill Brockway

Tom Hudson

many years ago i was a young knifemaker - the first time i met Linton was at a Knife Makers Guild Show in Fl. - Linton walked up to my table & introduce himself - i think my knee's buckled - in those days engravers wasn't allowed to set up - they would just walk around and visit and pick up some business here & there - Linton McKenzie was always very low keyed - a very nice gentleman - tom

alfrisillo

Am I missing something?

Folks,
I may have missed something in the various responses to this post but I don't see any reference to McKenzies book of scrolls offered through Steve Lindsey.
I have it, and although expensive ($100) it shows smoke pulls for the negatives and on the adjoining page, the positve as it would appear on the item being engraved.

Excellent study guide and well worth the investment.
Sooooo......what did I miss in the various parts of discussion?

Al

alfrisillo

I did miss something

Guess I didn't go deep enough in the McKenzie pages as Warrimoo and Bill Brockway did bring up the book available from Steve Lindsey.
Al

Latest posts

Sponsors