Explanation of the THREE POST QUEUE for new members

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
We've had some members ask why our forum places the first three posts of a new member into a moderation queue. Some simply want to know why, and a couple felt insulted that we would do such a thing. For those who want to know why I will explain. For those who are offended or insulted I would suggest yoga, followed by a long hot bath and a switch to decaf.

The first three post moderation is simply an anti-SPAM safety device that helps keeps the forum junk free. Should a spammer breach our NO-SPAM security when registering, we'll still be able to keep you and your family from seeing some of the awful stuff they would like to post in the Cafe, since their first three posts must be read and approved before going 'live'.

Secondly, it also prevents the hit-and-run post should some knucklehead register just to hurl insults and leave. The administrators and moderators will see it and delete it so you can go about being your creative self.

After three posts are approved, the new member is given a group hug and his or her posts go live when they hit the button. So now you can relax knowing that we are working diligently behind the scenes to keep the Cafe safe and fun.

Your Administrator,
~Sam

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for keeping this great site sanitary, Sam.
You gave good advise for those that feel insulted by this safety valve.

Who was it that said......????
"I wouldn't want to be part of any orginization that allowed me to be a member."
Maybe Oscar Wilde???? Old memory is rusty!

John B.

Englishman

John,
it wasn't quite so highbrow as Oscar Wilde, it was another great man though. It was Groucho Marx talking about a golf club membership.

Cheers,

Simon.

Latest posts

Sponsors