Question: Finally I've got gravermax!

Maxgraver

Finally I've got gravermax. It's used one, but in good condition. I'm push engraver and never used gravermax before, I've tried, it's amazing! unbelievable! But the 901 handpiece appears heavy duty used and the quick change pins have some play in handpiece hole.
Is it Ok, or I need to order a new one.
Thanks for responses.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
that's one thing that ive noticed w the 901 is the play between the qc and the handpiece, and I tell ya I don't really like it, but it's a good machine so wadda ya do.
jeff

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The play in the tool holder is not unique to the 901 handpiece and has no affect on performance.

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
This play you speak of is interesting. When I first bought my 901, I had a ton of play in it, to the point that the tool would not stay in. I called up GRS and complained about it. They sent me a new part for the 901, where the quick change goes in. It was a lot tighter than the first, and every since then I never have had any problems with it wanting to come out. I have not measured the difference, but I can. I am thinking it is a couple of thousands different.

You may want to contact GRS to see if they don't have a different part for it you can get to make it tighter.

Mike

Latest posts

Sponsors