benchmate ??

me2cyclops

I have recently purchased a second hand grs benchmate.
problem is it will not lock down well at all , adjusting knobs had been replaced with cap screws, I have new knobs on it now,
could anyone post a clear pic of the order the washers,bering,etc go together? I think I may be missing parts still.
thanks

me2cyclops

thanks
ok I'm missing a washer that goes between the spring disc and the bearing
could someone give me a description of this (just a standard cut washer?)
also which direction is the spring disc supposed to face? concave toward the bearing?
sorry the GRS diagram isn't very clear on details :confused:

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks
ok I'm missing a washer that goes between the spring disc and the bearing
could someone give me a description of this (just a standard cut washer?)
also which direction is the spring disc supposed to face? concave toward the bearing?
sorry the GRS diagram isn't very clear on details :confused:

If you have not spoken with JB yet, here is some information.

The washer is very thin and is only used to space out the inner race of the thrust bearing so that you don't tighten or loosen the friction assembly when you rock the vice forward or back or from side to side. The factory washer is very thin but could be somewhat thicker without causing any problem. The washer functions to keep the spring disk and knob assembly from rubbing on the bearing outer race which makes the OD of the washer the critical dimension.

The order of assembly is the thrust bearing (part #13) outer race fits in the depression in either part #14 or Part #15. The thin flat washer stacks on the bearing inner race -- but does not come in contact with the bearing outer race. The spring disc cup/concave face is toward the flat washer, and the knob assembly goes through it all. I expect that the spring disk could face either direction.

After all that, The really easy way to get the right washer in there is to call GRS and order two.

Good luck,
Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors