Posted a new slide show of older 2008 Reno FEGA

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that I can post several hundred pictures on Picasa with pretty good definition, I just set up my photos documenting some of Reno FEGA from back in 2008, for those of us who were not able to be in Reno for 2008, and again in 2009.

There are one or two short video's in this show, so allow them to buffer for a few minutes before they start up. If your connection is not fast, incease the time per slide from default 3 seconds to 4 or 5 seconds or more. As usual, the space bar on your keyboard will pause for a longer look.

I include a little bit of the journey from Mendocino on the Pacific Coast, where I have my California workshop, as opposed to my Scottish workshop. The drive is about 300 miles and goes over the sometimes snowy 7,300 foot Donner Pass, to get over the Sierra Mountains, and on into Nevada and Reno. Countless thousands of snow geese were on their journey, like me, and I include a few pictures of them.

It was hard to choose an album-cover picture from among so many outstanding engravers, so for 2008, I chose Lee and Ron, who were well-deserved prize winners in 2008, yet not the only prize winners!

Once more, please remember my pictures may not include many outstanding engravers, and I apologize for this, as I was just a roving eye, with a point and shoot camera, and no particular plan to cover everything, but hopefully it gives an overall taste of the show. Lighting was difficult, with halogen overheads that can often burn too much, but I have done my best, and tried to get as clear a picture as possible. We know many of these objects are so beautifully cut, that there is a danger the casual photographer will not do the piece justice, so forgive me if my pictures are not always a match for the engraver's excellence.

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the musical after-hour sessions. They were a lot of fun for a number of pickers and strummers!

Here is the link...

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/RenoFEGA2008#

best wishes!

Rod Cameron

Last edited:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow Rod,

Thanks for you magnificient effort on this slide show. This ought to be archived. And those snow geese.

Thanks for the memories.

Ron S

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
What a great photo series. Absolutely a fantastic show! I'm sorry Abigail and I had to miss this one. Thank you, Rod!

Andrew Biggs

Hi Rod

Mary & I were looking at it last night and it brought back some very fond memories. The drive from Medisino to Reno was an absolute blast!!!

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors