Good engraving shows

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I am looking for some good knife shows to exibit my engraving at. I am not sure where to start. I am contemplating on going to the knifemakers guild show, but Florida is a long way from Idaho, but if there was a chance on picking up some good commisions it would be worth it. Anyhow I figured I would throw the question out there to you guys that have been around and know the best places for an engraver to go. Thanks, Brian

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you only do one knife show a year it needs to be the Blade Show in Atlanta, GA

I know that there are folks who would take a hit out on me for saying this but I don't think the Knifemaker's Guild Show is worth messing with. I stopped doing the KG Show after about three in a row with no sales and no orders. I let my KG membership lapse because I got tired of spending the money with no return.

The Blade Show on the other hand is a totally different story.

Ray

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Ray,
Who sponsors the blade show in GA?
I would like to find out when it will be held.
Thanks, Glenn

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do a google search for "Blade Show Atlanta" asnd you should get their website.
It is Sponsored by Krause Publications the folks who publish Blade Magazine.

Ray

AllanFink1960

Hm, maybe we could persuade the administrators of this site to maintain a calendar of relevant events with some way for the gang to rate them or comment on them...the webpages are wonderful for stuff like that.

The Reno thing generated a LOT of traffic on here, both coming and going. I would be nice to find a way to package all that collected experience, observations, victories (and losses), exceptional finds, amazing lectures, photos of work, etc.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Making a calendar's not difficult. not sure how a rating/comment system would work though. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Abigail you are just too cool!!:D Gumbo sound sooooo good.

Abigail

Administrator
Glenn,
I don't know where you live, but here in Louisiana it is cold and wet and muggy. Gumbo would just absolutely hit the spot!
We had Tur-duck-in for lunch. (I think that's how you spell it) Do you know what that is?
Abigail

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Abby, this is an ENGRAVING FORUM, not a cooking forum!
Ok, gumbo it is..(good idea). / ~hubby

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Abigail, I live in Salt Lake City. We've been living in 2 to 19 degrees for a little over 3 weeks now. So Gumbo sounds superb. I do not know what the tur-duck----- is, but it sounds interesting.
One time I had a Chinese engineer working for me. He knew I was going to San Francisco on business so he ask me to buy him a red duck. I gagged, but complied. I carried it on the airplane. It smelled pretty good so a took a little bite. Long story made short Rocky got about 1/4 of a red duck.
Keep hubby hubbying:)

Latest posts

Sponsors