I just can't help myself...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I have it bad tonight. I can just see Andrew and Tiras' fingers hovering over the delete button:)

Doesn’t all this transfer stuff strike anybody else as hilarious?

I was visualizing Van - spraying deodorant on a transparency, and suddenly it came to me, like a blinding flash of light:

Since we have discovered that both hairspray AND deodorant seem to work - we should NOT stop there!

There are a multitude of other interesting powders and sprays out there! (Remember how useful toilet bowl cleaner turned out to be?)

Great discoveries are yet to be made!

How about athletes foot spray, antiseptics, hygiene sprays, flea spray, bug spray, regular insecticides, furniture wax spray, bathroom tile cleaner, and oven cleaner?

What about the stuff ya spray on yer tires to make 'em all shiny and purty? ArmorAll?

I even have a spray can of some asphalt stuff I use when pruning trees… for when ya need black, and another medicated spray for trees that is white.

Of course these things will surely help you all in the eternal quest for new reasons to purchase printers - so I guess some would be worth trying?

Personally, I think that the oven cleaner or the asphalt spray are the best bets if you really want that new printer quickly… but maybe someone else will come up with a better one?

Brian

If I were still physically capable of rolling on the floor laughing - I would be!

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's been my experience that the more dangerous and carcinogenic sprays work great for laser transfers. I've pretty much given up on the inkjet method because I went through 3 printers and it's just wasn't worth it for the amount of transferring I do, which admittedly isn't much. However, if I was, I'd try room fresheners and see if they work. At least the place will smell better.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Move the toilet closer to the bench?

Maybe my post was a kinda the “you had to be there” thing?

I’ll try to explain it better. I was sitting at my bench, and I happened to look around. There were Qtips, alcohol, cotton balls, a roll of toilet paper, a can of toilet bowl cleaner, and some hairspray I was testing out from another post… and I just busted up laughing!

Three quarters of my bathroom contents had somehow gotten transplanted to my bench!

There was a post a while back about using a bar of soap to aid transfers. And then there was Vans’ newest post about using the deodorant. It just seemed to me to be too funny...

All this bathroom stuff is being used for totally different purposes than those they were originally intended for:)

I can’t help it – I’m still laughing … while I try to guess - what’s next?

Brian

Last edited:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I see your point Brian.....That is pretty funny. Now you got me laughing.............

Ron S

Hey, Brian, wait 'till to see my latest gadget. It is a really important engraving assistant tool. To protect myself so that I can engrave another day, I invented this gizmo to help me get out of the woods saftely.

I call it my Grizzly bear grappling machine. I can now go into the woods without fear. And I get home in one piece so I can go back to engraving again. I just turn my back on the bear, push a button, and four heavy chains come out and start whirling. It beats the crap out of the bear until the batteries run down.............HaHaha.................... Well,............... it is hard to engrave when your nerves are all shot ain't it?..HeeHeeHee

That is too funny!!! I have to agree. Human nature is often a hoot.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Brian.....you might just try that asphalt based pruning spray.
It might just turn out to be the real ticket as a mask for acid etching !!!
Ho Ho....great things are happening.

Best, John B.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey, bm. you forgot mother fletchers' bag balm mixed with 3 parts apple juice !

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
This all kind of reminds me of a story my dad used to tell. He had leased a ranch in a real remote location and the cowboy who was taking care of the place had a horse go down with colic. He didn't have a phone or any way to summon help. He tried every remedy he could think of without any luck. Finally in desperation he resorted to the last cure in his home grown wealth of veterinary medical knowledge. He urinated in the horse's mouth and what do you know the horse took a turn for the better and recovered. Go figure.

Stewart

revised junk

Well... here's one for you. I had been playing with the transfer methods while sucking on a piece of hard candy - cherry flavor - and wondered how candy and saliva would work. Guess what...it transfered about as good as some of the rest.

I don't think chocolate would work very well.....maybe orange, grape or ??

nicglass1

sure gary, blaine lewis already preaches using watermelon jolly ranchers to mark stone positions when bean setting or pave'... so hey if stone setters can use it, why cant engravers? yes i had the pleasure of enjoying blaine's class in virginia beach about 5 or 6 years ago. lol my old boss paid to send me. blaine is a great guy. now if only i could get my current civilian job to send me to an engraving class i would be all set!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I see your point Brian.....That is pretty funny. Now you got me laughing.............

Ron S

Hey, Brian, wait 'till to see my latest gadget. It is a really important engraving assistant tool. To protect myself so that I can engrave another day, I invented this gizmo to help me get out of the woods saftely.

I call it my Grizzly bear grappling machine. I can now go into the woods without fear. And I get home in one piece so I can go back to engraving again. I just turn my back on the bear, push a button, and four heavy chains come out and start whirling. It beats the crap out of the bear until the batteries run down.............HaHaha.................... Well,............... it is hard to engrave when your nerves are all shot ain't it?..HeeHeeHee

That is too funny!!! I have to agree. Human nature is often a hoot.
Where's the picture??

Latest posts

Sponsors