Another way of transfer.

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Yet another way to transfer art work to an object to be engraved

I have tried and tested this method on Mylar and "Highland" brand transparency for ink jet printers.

The printers I am using is HP Office jet 6213 and the ink is HP No: 131 and a HP 1400 series with a HP 27 Black Cartridge.

For the Mylar and Transparency it works the same and I would say I get close to a 95% transfer if not more.

What we need extra is Body deodorant spray and that is not because you are going to Sweat getting this done but to be used as a releasing agent on the Mylar and or the Transparency , The type of Deodorant is the Dry type. Now I have used a Nivea 24HR sport protection. If you spray it looks like a white powder that is on your skin.

I cut the Mylar to A4 Size and feed direct in the printer.

Take the Mylar and or the Transparency and spray a light coat of the dry Deodorant ( For the Transparency spray on the Coarse side. ) Put the Mylar / Transparency in the printer and print ( Don’t forget to mirror the image ) Prep the Object to be engraved with Chinese white and what also works is a white paint marker (White Sharpie), After the printing is complete wait for a couple of seconds for the ink to solidify ( If you look at the ink the shine will be gone ) now put your artwork to the object and burnish, you should have a perfect transfer and that can be left to completely dry for a couple of minutes and you are ready to engrave. For bold designs don’t burnish to heavy on the darker areas, as for the fine lines and detail one can burnish a little more/ harder.

To conclude I want to stress this works for me and I am happy with the results 95% Plus,:banana:
Feel free to ask any questions as I am not a writer I could have said something the way I understand which may not be clear to others.

Maybe somebody would want to try this with Tom's transfer or Damar Mix and share the "results"

By sharing this I just try to put back in exchange of what I got out of this forum membership and from all you Great Guys.

Cheers

“VANâ€￾

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
thank you for sharing this, I will give it a try and let the rest know how it works for me. In the mean time thank you also from me for all the things that you folks share here on the forum. God Bless

AndyS

Small village on south-east coast of Rep. of South
Hi there VAN,
I was just thinking of you and wondered if you were member here. That is a wonderful method , very ingenius, of transferring of an image to a work piece. Just to mention, it would work very well, also for gold and silver work. For the record I prefer this site to an alternative, name of which I will not mention. The Mb usage on THIS site is affordable and has a big influence on the cost to be here.
This is a very nice site use.
Cheers, Andy

Sponsors