Engravers get together at Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
There is a list of guys who would like to have a get together (like Scotts) sometime in the late spring or early summer. It will be held here at my home most likely in Robersonville, N.C. I'm located approx. 30 minutes off US 95 & easy to find. We are asking if there are any interested engravers on this web site who would like to join with us. If interested please advise and include any ideas or questions. Ken 910-221-5288

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ken,

Wish like the dickens that I could be there; I bet it will be great!! Too many irons in the fire already for me though.
Good luck on it!
WL

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would love to attend such a gathering. Depending on the date I may be interested. I would more than likely ride my motorcycle there, so the timing can be a major factor.

Peter

Kerry Bogan

Ken that sound super. I'll be in Troy at Montgomery Community College Late July and early August. I'm taking another course with Jesse Houser your old employee. Jesse is great and he has spoken well of you. I admire your work and would like to be there.
Kerry Bogan

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Brian and all ---- The late spring /early summer in my area is very nice weather wise. Nor to hot , not cool. On the other board, I asked for feed back re. ideas and dates --- all feed back welcomed.

Last edited:

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Scott, I wish I could But, I can't ride anymore than 1-1 1/2 hours a day in a car --- Bad back. I'm a charter member of FEGA but have only attended the first meeting --- same reason. I spoke with John not long back, he sent me a hammer head to engr. for his collection. It would be such a treat to see him. First time we spoke was at an NRA show in Wash. D.C. about thirty five years back --- bought his show model display Gravermeister at the end of the show.

Kerry , Please send Jesse my highest regards. I selected Jesse to take over teaching the class as I had my co. to run back in Lynchburg,Va. & he was more than qualified to do so.

Weldon, Boy, I sure wish you were closer. It would be great to meet you in person and I know the gathering would greatly benefit from your experience.

Russ Sutton

Engravers Get together

Ken: Please count me in as participant.

Thanks,

Russ Sutton
New Bern, NC

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Mr. Russ, I thought you might see this and was going to give you a call if not. Glad to have you join us, the more the better. Thanks, Ken

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The date has been set for May 2-3 at Ken's place in Robersonville. Please sign up so he will know how many to plan for.

Bill

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
It will be a whole lot of talking shop/exchanging ideas & methods/tips/lying/joaking/making new friends & eating some BBQ that is cooked nine hours over a bed of coals.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Heck Mr. Andrew, they're welcome too. Wish you could be here ........... This is open to any of the members that want to show up, I just ask that since it's not until the first week end in May that you have plenty of time to register with me so I'll know how much BBQ & fixins to have ---- don't want anyone to go hungry.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What about those...........

What about those who dress up as Engravers that are really fishermen? Are they imposters or counterfeiters?

Last edited:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What does........

What does an engravers costume look like in case there are interested parties out there willing to act the part and even dazzle us with there unrehearsed engraving talent?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ken & Julie..You can count on me..I'll be there..This is going to be a real happening.
Keep up the good work.