Wedding Invitation

Baygraver

Hello all,

This is a copper rendering of a wedding invitation presentation piece I’m doing for my niece. I needed to resolve some design issues in the border, which is why I did it in copper first. In the lower corner is an echeveria, a type of succulent, which is “theme plantâ€￾ for the wedding. It measures 6â€￾x8â€￾ and is chased, repoussed and engraved. The chasing/repousse is finished using the pneumatic handtool vertically as a planisher, as Todd Daniels nicely demonstrated at the GRS table at FEGA.

I’m currently almost finished with the final piece which is done on Argentium silver.

Jim Slaughter

Baygraver

Jim.... It's beautiful!... Does this mean we are all invited? :) What should I bring? Will your Niece be having them extra large shrimp?.... :) :)

I'll have to get back to you about whether you're invited. On the other hand, if you crash the event ready to do some engraving, I'll find a way to get you in. That's after I've eaten my fill of the extra large shrimp. Regards, Jim

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Jim!

Is this something she knows about or are you planning to blow her away when she recieves it?

Baygraver

Looks great Jim!

Is this something she knows about or are you planning to blow her away when she recieves it?

Steve, Thanks. As my "customer", I've been working with Mandy on the design. I think of this as a Sentinel Event piece. That includes weddings, births, retirements, anniversaries, etc. A 94 y/o friend recently asked me to do something for his tombstone. Hmmmm... Jim

Baygraver

Looks great Jim!

Jim, great piece of work.
Thanks for sharing.

Best to you and your niece. John B.

John, Thanks and great to hear from you. You might remember my showing you at FEGA the nickel silver predecessor to this with the wriggle cut border. That didn't quite work. Jim

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Jim, that's a great idea and beautifully executed. That's the kind of gift that will be passed down to future generations. Your niece is a lucky girl.
Best,

Hello Jim - Nice job on the invite. Hope you got the pictures from Reno. The repoussed door panels from the Safari Club could really expand your horizon - square inchs to square feet. I suspect you'll be busy with wedding invitations - Great idea.
JL Spaulding

Baygraver

Hello Jim - Nice job on the invite. Hope you got the pictures from Reno. The repoussed door panels from the Safari Club could really expand your horizon - square inchs to square feet. I suspect you'll be busy with wedding invitations - Great idea.
JL Spaulding

Jerry, Great to hear from you and thanks (also for the pics). I'm sorry I missed those repoussed doors. Any idea where I could see them online by googling some key words, etc? Regards, Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors