Airtact question

Just a couple of questions since Glendo doesn't answer e-mails. I can't tell from the picture, does it require electricity, and does it eliminate that darn air leak from the foot control of the gravermax? Thanks, Mike

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Just a couple of questions since Glendo doesn't answer e-mails. I can't tell from the picture, does it require electricity, and does it eliminate that darn air leak from the foot control of the gravermax? Thanks, Mike

Mike: I don't have an Airtact yet, but I can tell you the box doesn't require electricity. I'm not sure what effect it has on the foot pedal. I heard they were 60-days from shipping. I hope it's sooner. I'm anxious to get mine.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I didn't hear ANY air leak at all at the show when I tried it. That's what I don't like about my gravermax is that hissing even with the new valve. I didn't see a cord either and although I don't know exactly how it works I think it's just a seperate control regulator/switchbox to let you turn one handpiece on and the other off.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
The airtact replaces the foot piece. and alows the hand piece to activate when pressure is applied.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The airtact replaces the foot piece. and alows the hand piece to activate when pressure is applied.

Sandy: I think the question is, when Airtact is engaged does it stop airflow to the pedal?

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I could be wrong, but I think the airtact eliminates the foot pedal. You can get a very small version of a foot pedal instead of the palm control, but this has no air escape from the foot pedal control. The foot pedal does the same thing as the finger control or just pinching off the air line with your finger as though you were stippling.

Latest posts

Sponsors