For Fishermen and other liars

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Some fishermen here are so lucky to catch sheep eating trouts. There are lots of liars among fishermen, and not only here in Europe. :D

I have still to wait four weeks for the opening of trout season, and my graver helps to calm my impatience cutting some “salmo trutta “in a titanium plate . The plate is 1,5 X 3 cm and is large enough to engrave the kind of trout I catch here…
Truly, there are no much fishes above 25 cm in my trout streams.:(

Attachments

• trucha1.jpg
    trucha1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 289

Andrew Biggs

Santos

Moi................a liar about sheep eating trout.................never!!! :)

While I was in Reno at the Safari Club show a man selling mink coats was asking me about the trout fishing in New Zealand. Apparantley a Kiwi had told him that when you pull a trout out of a lake in New Zealand, the lake water level drops by 12 inches..................now that is a straight out lie!!!

The lake actually drops by 18 inches!!! :D

Cheers
Andrew

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
The lake actually drops by 18 inches!!!
Thanks Andrew,
I needed that :D

Maybe a good idea to catch all those fishes to drop the entire sealevel a bit!

Nice fish Santos!

Daniel

Andrew Biggs

Hi Santos

I got carried away with the fish story that I forgot to aske you about your trout.

Very nice!!.............so how have you coloured that? It's a very interesting effect you have there.

cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
santos, my friend- in pennsylvania where i live, a 25 cm fish would be used for bait !! at least in the taverns where i used to drink.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
All fishermen are liars eccept for you and me and now I am starting to wonder about you! Nice job.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for your coments,

Andrew ,

Titanium can be anodized and the resultant colour depends on value of electric current .

I explained the process in an old post :

http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2947

You can’t got black colour with anodization.
In this one the dark points are made by EDE ( Electrical Discharge Engraving) . EDE is something like EDM I’m trying for engraving. The electrode is a graphite lead of 2 mm sharpened.

Greetings

Jean

Attachments

• Trout.jpg
    Trout.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 71
  • EDE Electrode .JPG
    EDE Electrode .JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 68

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks. i checked that out. will give it a try. titanium can be a danger if overheated. i was to have engraved titanium plates for a funeral director. they were cor cremains. someone found that such tags of titanium, when exposed to the temperatures of cremation could explode or otherwise wreak havoc, so i never ended doing the tags.

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hey I have a fish too :) Actually a bass; I've been told when they poop they're called a bassturd (booo on the bad pun, I know :_)

Attachments

• bass-pair.jpg
    bass-pair.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 51

Sponsors