Beretta Question

elkinssilver

I am about to start my first shotgun. Has anyone done a Beretta Gardone v.t. Mod S682 Stainless O/U shotgun? I was wondering how it will cut.
Thanks
Elk

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Elk,

Try looking through the posts at the very top of the "Tips" Archive for helpful hints on particular manufacturers and models.

Gary

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many Beretta O/U shotguns have an extremly hard surface and are almost unengravable. I can't speak for all model variations however. I have a Silver Pigeon II and a 686 EELL both of which are mechanically decorated (not hand engraved). I tested the hardness and they are both too hard to hand engrave. Also my brother had an SO5 that was unengraved with a blue finish. He intended to make a engraving project of it but found it unengravable.

If it is your gun, test cut it in some hidden place and proceed with caution. There are so many models and variations of Beretta O/U that it is impossible to make a blanket statement about them. With luck someone here may have done the exact model you are asking about.

CRB

elkinssilver

Thanks for your help. I have made a test cut earlier and stood back in awe as to the hardness of the steel. This is not my gun, belongs to a friend of mine.
Thanks for your help.
Kevin

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
roger: i'm curious to know if the really hard-surfaced ones attracted a magnet ? do you recall giving that a try ? it's been said, and seems to be true that any stainless that will attract a magnet is engraveable. in my limited experience with ss, i've found this to be so.
i have engraved a few guns of ss that were total buggers, but that was long before i knew to check with a magnet.

Latest posts

Sponsors