More FEGA Awards at Reno

Andrew Biggs

As part of my job being the editor of the engraver magazine I have the privilege present the FEGA editors awards for articles published in the magazine for the preceding year.

Now I personally wish that everyone that writes for the magazine could get an award because I know just how much work is involved in writing articles and taking the photos. All of your efforts are truly appreciated by all the FEGA members. As far as I'm concerned every article is a winner...................

But…….there can only be one award for each magazine. However this year there was so many that there were 5 awards given out. So congratulations to the writers of the following articles and a big thank you for writing them.

Issue #77 Jan/Feb/March 2008

Tira Mitchell: Pilgrimage to Emporia; A very human and inspirational article about going to the Grand Masters and the excitement of learning and sharing with Winston Churchill and Ken Hunt.

Issue #78 April/May/June 2008

Tim Adlam: Rejuvenating the Spirit; An excellent article about something we seldom talk about……. what inspires and motivates us. A lesson in taking time to smell the roses and enjoy life so that we can bring it back to the engraving bench.

Issue # 78 & 79

Weldon Lister: Sculptured Scroll, Part 1 & 2. Excellent articles with photos on how to create sculptured scroll and the tools and techniques involved. A must for anyone wanting to use the punch techniques.

Issue #78 Jul/Aug/Sept 2008

Ron Smith: Layout and Design. A fabulous article on how to get thinking about shotgun layouts and the thoughts behind the design. Complete with a genuine Ron Smith (no thumb) drawing which in itself is pretty incredible.

Issue #79 Oct/Nov/Dec 2008

Martin Strolz: Tradition and Technology. A great article with a wonderful insight into the engraving school in Steyr, Austria. The richness, history and depth of the European engraving is much easier to understand once you have read this article.

Cheers
Andrew

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm going to wing it from memory for the other awards as well. I'm still a little cloudy from a long week..
Engravers Choice Joe Rundell, Winner. Barry Lee Hands & Lee Griffiths award of merit
Best Shotgun -Joe Rundell
Best Rifle- Barry Lee Hands
Best Handgun- Mike Dubber
Metal on Metal inlay-Joe Rundell
Artistic Uniqueness- Bob Evans

Last edited: