OOOooops

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A man went into a pet store and wanted to purchase a parrot. The owner showed him what appeared to be two identical birds. One was $100 and the other was $500. He asked the owner why there was such a difference in price.

The owner replied, "The $500 parrot has had it's beak filed so he can speak"
The man was quite familiar with tools and files and felt he could save a lot of money by filing the parrot's beak himself. The owner told him that it's really not that easy. "It takes a lot of experience to do it just right, and if you file too much, you could render the bird speechless or even kill it."

"No, not me" he said, "I'm very experienced with all kinds of tools, this is an easy job for me!" and went ahead and purchased the $100 parrot.

The next day he came back into the pet shop, and with a sheepish grin, he asked to purchase the $500 parrot. "Oh!! you filed too much did you?" asked the storekeeper. "No." the man replied. "I crushed his head in the vice."
----------------------

I couldn't resist.. Mack's thread about the "parrot vice" reminded me of this story.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I can see how that would happen . Oh, being reminded I mean. Poor little parrot!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
SCRATCHMO: i'm thinkin the language was so bad outta that bird, yer wife made you give it away !!

Latest posts

Sponsors