Announcement: and the winner is...Ron Smith!!!

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For a lifetime of unselfish dedication to the art of engraving, Ron Smith was presented with the James B. Meek Award.

There isn't a more prestigious award than this one and there isn't anyone more deserving.

Congratulations, Ron Smith.

Good things for good people...and you're the best.
God Bless you for all you've done for the art.
You've given us more than we can ever give you in return.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I met Ron at the Blade show a couple years ago. He's a very talented, genuinely nice person and definitely deserving of the award. He was very free with helpful info. I remember he was interested in how I got a certain background finish on a hobo nickel I wear in a ring.
Congratulations Ron

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
I heard that Mike Dubber did a beautiful engraving job on the award. If possible, I would be tickled to see a picture.

Gary

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Well said Brian, well said.

Ron,
Congratulations my friend, you deserve it. Thank you so much for everything you have done.

David

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Ron. Nobody deserves this more than you. One of the few things better than your engraving is your moral character and personality. Your one of my favorite people. Thanks for the good books also. Scrolls are tuff for me. You helped me a lot.
Don;t go away.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, I don't know ya, but your books have influenced me highly in not only engraving but into a whole world of art.

Thanks Ron.
Jeff P.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Ron! A well-deserved recognition that I hope will not be the last one. Your constant contribution and helping attitude to all the people well deserve many more!
All the best, Leonardo.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, Congratulations sir! I do not know you well, but I know of you and of what you have done for me. You are surly deserving of it. Mack

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Ron
Although we have never met, you have helped me tremendously with the drawing of scrolls on the knife design. I so appreciate what you have done for me personally. If anyone deserves this award, I know in my hart it has to be you. Thanks for your contribution to the art.
Carl

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think we caught Ron a bit off guard when we awarded him with this well deserved award. It was really great for me to be able to present this on behalf of FEGA and all engravers in general.
Hey Ron, how about sending a photo of the plaque for others to see? Mike Dubber did a fantastic job on it and is a work of art itself.
Rex

Latest posts

Sponsors