Some reference pictures

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I live in Kansas City and one of the things we have here is a nice Cabelas store. Cabelas has tons of great animal mounts.

One day while we were there I took my little point & pixellate digital and shot some pictures of the Conservation Mountain display as potential reference shots for engraving.

I just put them in an album - click here

Figured they might help someone on a design.

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Steve
Those are some nice mounts, and reference material. We have a Cebelas in Baton Rouge that has some nice mounts also. The next time I go I will take my camera. Thanks for the idea, and for sharing.
Carl

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I wish we had one of them here. Heck I would go there just to spend time looking at them. That is really cool.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mack

And that's just a fraction of what they have. These shots are just what was handy around the base of 'Conservation Mountain' (technically the Moose is a separate display).

There's also 'Mule Deer Country' a very nice African exhibit and, of course, the tons of mounts all over the store.

Still haven't taken a day to go back out with my DSLR and a long lens so I can get to the things the lens on my little walk around camera can't reach.

Technically, for tax purposes, something like half the floor space (can't remember if it's 48% or 52%) isn't part of the store - it's Tourist Attractions that they don't have to pay taxes on. They also got to take advantage of some special bonds during construction.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Steve what a great place...
We spent some time there when I went to GRS class and flew into KC...
Their gun display is also something to see...
Jerry

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jerry

The 'regular' counter (over 100' long I think) or the Gun Library where the neat stuff lives?

BTW, saw something I've never seen before at the BassPro in Independence last weekend: two of the counter units of pistols were empty. The only pistols they had were full-size or bigger. The case with the 5" semi-autos only had one of the three levels empty (the other two were pretty thin though) and the revolver selection started with 6" barrels and tended toward the .500 and up variety. Looked like the last few days of a going out of business sale.

Latest posts

Sponsors