All Rod's Reno Photos now up

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/RodSFinalRenoFEGA2009#

I do believe that this time I have managed to post all my informal Reno FEGA coverage.

Please accept my apologies, that not every booth was covered in equal measure, I was wandered at large and without a plan. I also apologize that some of my pictures did not begin to reflect the real-life quality of some artists, in particular, the work of Michael Dubber, so you must go to his web to truly appreciate the fine detail of his work.

Michael's seminar yesterday included lettering, and he can free cut lettering faster than I can type!

I really enjoyed all three seminars, so thank you Lee, Bob, and Michael!

Thank you also, Rex, Andrew, and all the FEGA members and friends who labored to make the 25th show a huge success!

best wishes

Rod

Avadon

Rod, is all your work done by hand? No pneumatic gravers? If so that is insane to me that all that could be done by hand. I really like the palm knife, is that blade damascus or is it engraved. Phenemenal work!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Avadon,

That would be a mighty fine compliment... if it were true, but you misunderstand me, I have nothing of my own work showing here, only pictures I took at the Reno FEGA Show of many world renown engraving artists' work !!

Many artists are represented ... I just took the pictures !

best

Rod

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,
Thanks for posting the photos and spending the time uploading them.
It got me to renew my membership with FEGA seeing all I had missed.
The last newsletter I got was 8 pages and one color stapled together....
Thanks,
Keith

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent photos, Rod.

Thanks for the good times. It is always a pleasure to get together with you.

Ron S

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Many thanks for the photos, Rod. Browsing them makes us wish we were there with you guys. Sure looks like it was a grand time with lots of fantastic engraving. Maybe next year! I hate to miss that good pickin' and singin'. / Sam

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, all!

Ron, after hearing Barry Lee's ''Greatful Dead'' story, I got to play on Monday night and stay over with dobro and pedal steel ace, Peter Grant. I tell you, I am in love with that fine American invention, the electric pedal steel guitar. At very low volume it is still a lovely refined electric sound, and Pete backed me on my songs plus sang me some great ones of his own choice. It gives you such a magic carpet to surf on.

Oh, and by the way, Pete played slide guitar with the 'Dead in 1968.

Eat your heart out Barry Lee! (... but I sure enjoyed playing with you on Sunday night!)

Tira, great to see you once more in Reno! That boxwood flute you saw is now on its way to Florida. I hope the player likes it.

best

Rod

Sponsors