Announcement: Sad news

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Matt here:

Thank you all for the kind emails. I have forwarded them to Carrie and even replied to a few. I know she has a lot on her plate right now and am trying to help her as much as possible. I will continue to check out this forum and answer requests. When we do figure out what to do with all the equipment and the scholarship I will post more info here. I hope it is ok to continue to post under his name.

Thank you all
Matthew Dorr

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I met Mike at the FEGA show last year and Mary and I shared the banquet table with him and Carrie. This is indeed a shock. We send our condolences to Carrie and the family. I believe Mike would love to have his tools and related equipment donated to an upcoming and deserving engraving student. I want my "stuff" to be donated to one when I pass, and it will strengthen the recipiant's desire that much more, to know they have the tools of such a fine gentleman and engraver. I knew him for a short time, but will miss him much longer. May you rest in peace on the bosom of our great and wonderous God. So long Mike.

Bill

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
How sad, a life cut so short. I never had the pleasure of meeting Mike personally but his posts here made us feel like he was a long time friend. My condolences to Carrie, and prayers.
gailm

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike was in my engraving class and was a great help at Reno last year as well.
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with friends and family.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Matthew, just a thought. Have you considered perhaps selling Mike's gear and donating the proceeds to a charity that Mike supported? I realise you all have so much to deal with at the moment but maybe it's something that could be considered in the future.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I am sorry to hear about Mikes passing. May God be with you all during this difficult time.

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Matt here:

The service today was beautiful. We displayed a few of Michaels engravings and Carrie had a glass case with some of his plates. It's not easy saying goodbye.

A strange question- Mike engraved a Spyderco knife a while ago and sold it. If the buyer is on this site could you please let me know if you could perhaps sell it to me. I have a small lockblade he did for me when he started out but refused to put his name on it because he didn't think it was very good (It was great). I know this may seem out of line, but I just know how proud of it he was and would love to have it.

Thank you all very much for the kind words you have shared about Mike.

God Bless
Matt

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had the great pleasure of having Mike in a class. He was a terrific person and I will miss seeing him at Reno and other places down the road. I add my sincere condolensces to those who knew and loved him.
Lee

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Michael,

I am very sorry to hear about Mike. I have lost a few very close friends at an early age also, but what they gave me in their relationship will never be lost, as I will always carry them with me, and what I learned from them has enriched my life.

I am grateful for knowing them and them being my friend, and I understand the pain that one has to bear from the loss of a dear friend at such an early age.

I am with you and the family in understanding. I lost three friends this way, and it is not an easy thing to understand or get over. It certainly doesn't seem fair.

I give my best wishes to the family and understand their suffering, but know this. Only Mike's body is missing, not his spirit.

We will use the things we got from our friends for the sake of others. He was a giving spirit, willing to share and be a part of a greater consciousness.

If we were to walk away from the pains of life rather than face them, we will miss out on some of the greatest teachings life has to offer. If you endure these things, Jesus will raise you up. The peace I have now is the result of that struggle with pain and death.

These are the gifts that my lost friends gave me, and there is nothing but joy for those things. He was a greater friend to you and to us all than you might have imagined because he was a part of freindships rich in love. He and his family and friends still belong here with us, and they always will.

Memories are a blessed thing. Wait awhile, and the joy in and of his life will replace your pain and sorrow.

Michael, to you and to his family, whatever I can do, I am here.

Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors