Engraving texture without a design

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a different way to use an engraver.
The structure on this Titanium wedding ring is cut with a 120° square engraver.
I have some other ideas to cut different structures I show them later.
After cutting, I sandblasted the surface and polished the upper surface to ad some contrast between matt and shiny.
I have also cut a file with a flat engraver to fit the golden band.
Hope you like this one

arnaud

Attachments

• _DSC6050.jpg
    _DSC6050.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very creative Arnaud. I like the texture very much and the smooth ring accentuates it well.

Thanks for posting it.

Peter

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Arno,

This is a fine-looking wedding ring and very exclusive because of the random pattern. Congrats on that!
By the way, are you using a titanium tube or a welded band to make the rings?

Keep up the good work!
Leonardo.

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud. Thanks for showing how to think outside the box. When teaching to goldsmiths I always tell them to think of the tool not only for engraving traditional designs,but you could do textures as well. A lot of the kind of textures possible to do couldnt be duplicated any other way. The other usefulness for power assist is to think of it as a tool for clean up of castings etc... Its possible to get into inside corners and such that are otherwise very difficult. So by thinking about how the tool operates you can come up with ways to use it that it was never intended for. Thanks again Arnaud. keep posting your brilliant ideas here so others can start seeing as you do in a different light Chris

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Arno,

This is a fine-looking wedding ring and very exclusive because of the random pattern. Congrats on that!
By the way, are you using a titanium tube or a welded band to make the rings?

Keep up the good work!
Leonardo.

Leonardo, I have plates of different thickness, I weld them in a way I still can stretch them 4mm.
This allows me to make other models that can't be made with tube like this one

And thanks for the compliment on the wedding ring

Attachments

• _DSC5391.jpg
    _DSC5391.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 149
  • _DSC5383.jpg
    _DSC5383.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 135
  • _DSC5387.jpg
    _DSC5387.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud. Thanks for showing how to think outside the box. When teaching to goldsmiths I always tell them to think of the tool not only for engraving traditional designs,but you could do textures as well. A lot of the kind of textures possible to do couldnt be duplicated any other way. The other usefulness for power assist is to think of it as a tool for clean up of castings etc... Its possible to get into inside corners and such that are otherwise very difficult. So by thinking about how the tool operates you can come up with ways to use it that it was never intended for. Thanks again Arnaud. keep posting your brilliant ideas here so others can start seeing as you do in a different light Chris

I find my microscope and Gravermax useful for MANY different tasks. The snap on the interior of one side of the hard luggage on my motorcycle came loose and the area is too confined for using a hammer and punch to reseat it. The handpiece on the Gravermax worked GREAT!

Peter

Latest posts

Sponsors