New vise stand

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I built a new vise stand last week so that I can stand up and engrave. It has a wheel to pivot the vise like a potters wheel vise eccept the wheel is just above the knee. I tried it at foot level but that required that I stand on one leg when turning it. I have enough trouble standing on two legs these days. This seems to work quite well. I walk around it until I can't go any more and then just turn the wheel with my knee to finish the rest.

Attachments

• New wheel vise 001.jpg
    New wheel vise 001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 299

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Actually I do have a patent on a handicapped device. Never made me any money though.The vise stand is just a take off from the sit down one a lot of people have. I am very pleased with how well it works though. Thanks for the compliment though.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mack,
I like your set-up. I started working with the hammer and chisel and standing at the same time, I like working at a pedestal set-up while I can walk around, and have the freedom to cut a scroll in one pass without stopping...no wasted motion. Keep practising and everything will fall together for you eventually...don't give up.

Your truly,
JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
JJ, I aint given up for sure! over the last month I have made and engraved a bone shaped dog tag for my dog, A key tag for my father in law and one for my son with a gator emblem on it, a braclet for my wife and one for my teen age grand daughter and now my older grand daughter wants one, an Id tag for my walking cane and an Id tag for my wifes cell phone. I am going strong. Don't have anything to post since they took them as soon as I finished them. And of course I built the vise stand. Been busy!

Latest posts

Sponsors