Spartan knife

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the finished Spartan/Thermopylae knife. It has some colored gold plus some yellow. I was pretty happy with this one, I really wanted the characters to convey the emotion and attitude of the Spartan soldier(difficult due to half their face being covered by a helmet), which was no fear of death and distain for their enemy. On the left side I wanted to show the unity and the formation that made them an army to be feared. On the right side I wanted to show the brutality of the Spartan. His expression is one of disgust toward his inferior enemy, he has beaten him into submission and yet the look on his face is saying "your not even good enough to die by my hand", as he delivers the final blow.
Anyway, thanks for having a look, let me know what you think. Thanks -Brian

[/IMG]

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian
Whow great work, however i will have to get royalities for the unauthorized use of my torso:rolleyes: Ok back to reality. Fantastic Dave

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
I love the golden skyline. It gives it a very war-like smokey battle ora to it. I thought those were my abs.
Jeff

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
All I have to say is WOW!!! That is awesome. I hope I can be 1/4 th that good in a few years.
Carl

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'd say you were successful in reaching your goals and in creating another exceptional work of art.

I like the style of the knife very much too.

Great work and thanks for posting it.

Peter

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a beautiful knife to begin with. It would look great with just plain handles.

With your engraving on it, it's jaw dropping!

Like Scott I really like that pink gold leaf at the bottom - it just sets everything off somehow.

The scenes at the top really show how much talent you have both as an artist and as an engraver.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Top of the line Brian!!

If it gets any better than, that I havn't seen it.

Ron S

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job! All the elements work well together. The scroll work, border, and bulino all fit the fluid shape of the knife. Keep 'em coming!!!

Mark

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry for my non response, I have been attempting to finish my Reno project, and I am done..... for now, it's still not finished, but enough is enough and I am tired. Leaving for Reno in the morning, still need to pack. Anyway, thanks for the good reviews, and for those of you going to Reno I will see you there. Thanks again. -Brian

Latest posts

Sponsors