review of the graversmith?

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone had a chance to use the Graversmith? Is it more campareable to the system 3 or is it the replacement to the Gravermate?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's definitely a LOT better than the System 3, and even better than the Gravermate. It's a solid machine without the bells & whistles of the more expensive machines. While i have limited engraving time on one, I did use one in Basel, Switzerland last year and it performed perfectly. When you're cutting, you will never know you're not using a GraverMach. Whatever fine engraving you can do with a GraverMach, you can do with the GraverSmith. It has variable speed (which the Gravermate didn't have), and you can use all GRS handpieces with it. You can also add Airtact when you're ready. Those are the pros. The cons are you can only attach one handpiece at a time and it lacks the Bias control of the more expensive GraverMach (which I use less since I switched to Airtact), and I don't think (but am not sure) it has the same expensive precision regulator that the GraverMach has.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use a Graversmith for a half year now, and although I never tried something else, I'm sure I have everything to do fine engravings.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors