inspiration in the back yard

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
This was a pretty good week, joined Fega on the Friday , then theses fellows show up the very next day at 5 p.m. , the turkeys were the very first animal i ever engraved on metals, and with our recent bout with cold weather, they were hungry.

Attachments

• 100_1088.jpg
    100_1088.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_1090.jpg
    100_1090.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 195

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
we usually have between 30 to 80 around here, they seem to show up after the season closes on turkey. when the new house was put up in 2004, they came up on the front porch door to stare at our dogs indoors, neither crowd had seen anything like the other before !!

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
We've got little flock of about 20 on my property here in NW Arkansas. One of them is HUGE. I never ate one but the coyotes seem to like them. Where do live Richard?

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Richard,
I've never eaten a coyote either but I trapped and skinned lots of them when I was a kid. It's been nearly thirty years since I last skinned one, but I still have a vivid recollection of what a coyote smells like and its not very pleasant. I will have to get mighty hungry before I have one for supper. Let's all hope times don't get that tough.

Stewart

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those turkeys? What a source of inspiration!!!!

But it would insire me to.................... go and get my shotgun.

Ron S

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
We always have the deer and turkeys here. During muzzleloading season at 4pm, those turkeys are getting ready to go to roost, and they make such a racket, that no self respecting deer with good ears, is going to make an appearance. Ive skinned my share of muskrat,coon,possum,and fox, and even a [blind] mink, iam aware of the smell, but one gets use to it in due time. If things ever get to a point in time where id have to take something out of season to survive, then i will do so with gusto. Iam hoping our economy will get better in time, but believe that is a few years down the line. Hopefully my engraving skills will improve later to bring in a few bucks and improve my ego to boot.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
these other critters showed up 2 days later, word has spread that i cannot hit the broad-side of a barn, so its a safe place to eat.

Attachments

• 100_1098.jpg
    100_1098.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1093.jpg
    100_1093.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Sponsors