Meiji scopes...

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
So I've finally saved enough to buy a meiji. When looking at GRS and different suppliers like Stuller they sell the EMZ 5 I believe and also the 8TR, the difference in price seems to be quite a bit but the specs seem very similar. Does anyone have any experience w either of these scopes or maybe just some advice about the scopes. Also I'm using the standard vise w a grs vise holder on my bench pin, it's the smaller holder that GRS sells, if I'm to use the turntable do I need to upgrade to the larger vise holder?
THANKS
Jeff

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff
Check with Milesco Scientific on the internet for your new scope. I got my scope from them and was very satisfied with the price and service. They are located in International Falls, Minn and if I remember right it was Jason that I dealt with. Suggest getting a EMZ 5 with 10x wf eyepieces. I use a .44 barlow lense but most guys use a .5

Roger

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jeff: Get the EMZ-5 with 0.5x objective and 10x eyepieces. That's the standard of the industry for hand engravers. I believe the EMZ8TR is a trinocular scope (for mounting a camera).

You will also need the large vise shelf to mount a turntable. It won't fit on the small shelf.

Latest posts

Sponsors