Quick draw

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I watched Bob perform his act several years ago and it was truly amazing. There is no trickery involved, just amazing skill. Shows what can be done with lots of practice. Bob performs the fastest skill of hand and we engravers perform what is probably the slowest skill of hand:D

CRB

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
My wife and I watched this video over and over.... from what we can see and figure out he fans the hammer with the gloved hand using the Mr.Spock (Star Trek) split fingers greeting/salute. That way the modified hammer gets cocked and fired twice with each swipe of the hand...... now I can get back to engraving.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Yep that is how he does it. I used to be a shooter myself and I have tried that. Extremely hard to hit anything that way. He likely uses something like snake shot but still when you hit that hammer it is hard to control where the shot goes. He just has a smooth stroke. Kind of like Sam with a graver.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is no doubt amazing, but when I watched the video and he claimed he holds "every fast draw record" since 1960 that sounded a bit much. Do a search and although Bob Munden is undoubtedly amazing, it seems his claims may be a bit overstated.

Do a search and read some of what you see that is NOT from Bob Munden's website.

I did not see his name anywhere on the official site?? http://www.fastdraw.org/wfda/index.html

I was at Scott's Engrave-In and Jim Hall put on an amazing demonstration of Fast Draw competition skills. Jim set up one of the timing devices that is used in competition and seeing that in front of you is definitely mind blowing. Jim was a competitor some years back.

Peter

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I checked Wikipedia and there does seem to be some controversy. Still amazing though.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Still amazing though.

I agree. That is an amazing demonstration he does no doubt. It just bothered me to hear all the boasting he does along with it, which made me wonder if it was fact.

Thanks for posting it Mack.

Peter

Sponsors