spurs

castagnos&s

These are a set of spurs that I built for a christmas gift. They are set number three as well as the first set I have overlayed and the first set with swinging buttons. Let me know what you think. Mike

Attachments

• saddles & spurs 054.jpg
    saddles & spurs 054.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 135
  • saddles & spurs 055.jpg
    saddles & spurs 055.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 180
Hey thats a real nice looking pair of spurs. Looks like a first class job. The overlays look great for this being the first ones you have done, my first didnt look that good.
What did you use to color the steel? They look very dark blue or black. Great job thanks for showing them.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Mike,
Here is what I think. That is a real nice pair of spurs. But when I see they are only your third pair, well I'm really impressed. Well done.

Stewart

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Mike,

Those are real pretty spurs. The wlding looks very clean. Same for the engraving.
I was curious the cylindrical chap guards. Is that something new? Also are they half mounted or full. Either way thats a lot of silver...
Good job and thanks for showing!
Best,

castagnos&s

Mike, thanks first off and as to your question I hot blued them with oxynate 84 from brownells but they wanted to rust really bad so I had to give them another go round and they went really dark nearly black.
Stewart these are the spurs I was working on when I called you the welding finally worked out for me and engraving them and then soldering the overlays down was a real treat but it worked out. Thanks so much for the advice and I agree whole heartedly I'd rather build thirty bridles to one pair of spurs.
Steve, thanks for the compliments much apreciated
Jim, If you only knew the trouble I went thru with my welds you probably wouldn't think they looked quite as nice but my poor photography makes up for it. The chap guard shape isn't all that un common but in my region (where chinks or armitas are the norm) they're mostly there just for show. The bands are only half mounted the customer didn't want to get to fancy, Thanks again Mike

Sponsors