Airtact looks pretty cool.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I was at the show the entire time. I watched both booths operate. One time Steves booth was crowded. The next moment GRS was most crowded. It looks to me like the best is a Chevrolet, no now I think it's a Ford. Sam is correct "different strokes for different folks".:D

Last edited:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The next big thing is gonna be a thought control model. Yeah you just think about how tight you want the scroll to be and - ZIP it does it while you sip a cup of coffee; all you have to do is turn the vise. You heard it here first.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn, did you introduce yourself? Yves said you'd be there but I don't know your last name nor what you look like. Did we meet?

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
A number of years ago i started carving a rifle stock of my own in a floral pattern. I used the graver max with wood carving tools. I layed out the pattern in the forearm and grip panels and sarted carving. I had mounted the stock in my checkering fixture and everything was going well. All of this was done in the standing position controling the graver max with the foot control as usual with engraving. But after a while it became so tiresome that I finelly gave up on the project. It was practically impossible to do the job in a sitting position as in checkering or engraving. I think this Airtact tool would be just the perfect solution for wood carvers who have to stand while working. Ed DeLorge

austin

If you have a Steve Lindsay's airgraver (without palmcontrol),you can try to use the exhaust hole to control the graver(this is more useful when you make the fine shadow line).Block up the exhaust hole with your finger.The graver will stop shaking,loosen your finger gradually,the graver will start shaking slightly ,until the hole open completely. Something like play with a flute.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Tim,
I was there through the whole show. My last name is Anthony. I don't remember meeting you. I hung around the GRS booth, John B's table etc. I'm 6'4 grey hair and many pounds too heavy, but I think young. Did you have a table?
I was the guy wandering around with a dazed look in my eyes after seeing some of the great engraving.
Thanks for inquiring.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was in a daze too Glenn so we probably saw each other without knowing it with those twilight zone spirals in our eyes. Yves gave me your description but I missed you anyway; he said you were a hoot to be around. I like meeting people with a screwed up sense of humor like myself...:D

I hope you enjoyed the show, I hadn't been there in 5 or 6 years so it was good to see everyone again.

Latest posts

Sponsors