eye for an eye...

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Hey guys... So I justed wanted to let you guys now my pain, and at the same time the joy I've come to know. When I started engraving I really wanted to get a machine (mach), but w cash on the down low I made a tough decision and decided to sell my baby. Knowing that alot of us are musicians maybe you could now the pain I'm talking about. I sold my PRS custom 22 artist edition, thee most beautiful guitar in the world. Did I do right? Needless to say the Mach has been wonderful and now I'm playing a different tune.
Cheers
Jeff

Attachments

• prs9-1.jpg
    prs9-1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 196
  • goolll.jpg
    goolll.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 222

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff,

I don't know if you had a future as a musician, but judging from your other post (Of your first practise plate) I'd say you can have a good future in engraving. Plus you won't be as likely to upset your neighbors as you perfect your craft.

Best of luck

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey man, You can't give up your music man........ A lot of us play instruments, so I sympathize with you.

I bet you get another one down the road.

katia

Well, I must say that after reading your post I am quite happy to be a hammer and chisel ( and hand pushed graver) engraver. My equipment is dead cheap so I would not need to part with my beautiful Jackson in order to buy the " gear".My guitar is what keeps me sane after long days spent behind the bench. I actually bought my guitar with the money I make from engraving, but given that I have been a self-employed engraver for more than 10 years now, there is nothing exceptional about that. I just really wish I had been able to have a guitar much sooner than when I did.
What I hope will happen to you soon is that you will make enough money to buy another guitar and be ready to rock on again!

Last edited:

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Save Our Guitars

Hey Jeff,

You've changed your PRS for a GRS ? :confused:
I'm with Katia, I keep my hammer and my old guitar. Can't play flamenco with a graver: Save Our Guitars

Engraving, like guitar playing is hard to learn, isn't it?
I wish you a good luck in your engraving way .;) You have a good tool now.

Jean

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 40

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Luckily I do have a couple of backup guitars, I could never get rid of that habit (jammin) I would go crazy. But there's nothing like a handcrafted instrument in your hands, almost as good as a woman;) Almost...
Jeff
Katia, I really do respect the hammer and chisel engravers, I just feel that I've already got into the game late and don't know if I would have the patience to learn such an amazing feet.

Latest posts

Sponsors