Blocks and Triangle pins

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Does anyone know where I can get triangle pins to fit my old victor block without having to buy the whole set of accessories? My 35 year old ones are so worn they are failing to hold.
ALSO I withdraw my endorsement of Pepe Tools engraving blocks having just seen a new one they are no longer made in Spain but in Russia. The tolerances have all gone to crap and they would make good anchors for a very small boat....Soooo the crow tastes pretty good and get a GRS block they are the only good ones left as even Victors are no longer made anywhere they understand tolerances!!! Dang! I hate being wrong, but things do change

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
I have a set of attachments that doesnt fit any block I have. PM me your contact info and I will see if they are still in my shed later this week.
Keith

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mack

I don't have a picture handy but it's just what it sounds like - a pin with a triangular head. The various ones I have for my blocks are all different sizes - generally you get some small ones and some large ones. I'm certain that John B. and the others know exactly what they're intended to snug up to, and/or what they're most usefull with. I'm new enough I just try things until I get a good hold or give up and heat up the ThermoLoc.

When the ever-indulgent wife got me the little pantograph it came with some very interesting attachments. Took a while to figure out that the one set is for holding watches.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
If your pins are worn, your holes in the vise may be worn as well. Even new pins in old holes will tent to creep out.

I'll bet you could ream them out to fit the next size up in pins. Or ream to fit a known drill rod diameter, and make your own pins.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Shoot, ----I'm gonna make me some of those.
qndrgnsdd---If they work out ok I will send you some if you want. Send me a pm and Give me a week or so.

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to all John is sending me a set that he no longer uses...mine are brass so the holes in the block are still in fine shape. I did do some more refurbing of the old ones and they are holding ok now but I expect slippage soon

Latest posts

Sponsors