New Engraving Website Unveiled

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

Thanks for the kind comments on your site.

Engraving makes anything more beautiful, and it doesn't matter what it is on. I think there is a magnetic effect towards unique things, and it will earn you a good following, even if you get negative comments from some. When you get good prices, you will have the last laugh, and it will befuddle the minds of ignorant, shallow people. We need to do that every chance we get, .......HaHaHaha.

Put your work on anything and everything you can find, and it will be instantly more valuable. Getting what it is worth to do it is the problem, but like Chris said, marketing is the ticket, and you have a nice site and it would do you good to "get out there". People like to shake the hand of the artist they admire.

Will you be coming to Reno?

I will be there, but you might have to run me down, as I do not have a table this year. Just about anyone there could point you to me, and don't be afraid to approach me. It would be a pleasure to meet you too.

Come and join us at Reno, it is only lonely out there if you lock yourself away.

Ron S

Rock on!!

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Christian,
I appreciate your comments and insights. I’ve always been a big admirer of your talent.

Unfortunately, most of the people who have bought horseshoes from me don’t seem to appreciate what goes into the process. So as a marketing tool, I'm not sure that it completely succeeds. I have however been glad that the pictorial section was on the website so I could direct someone to it when they have baulked at my prices.

I mainly put the pictorial of the process on the website as a way of giving back a little to other engravers and would-be engravers. I had hoped to be able to help others as so many have helped me. Even with the resources on the Internet these days, there are so few pictorials available which show a project from start to finish. I am working on a bulino horseshoe project now and I’m hoping to add a similar pictorial of that project soon.

Ron,
Always an honor to hear from you, sir. As it happens, I am going to be at Reno this year. I joined FEGA a couple of years ago but this will be my first trip to Reno. I’m excited at the prospect of meeting everyone and finally putting faces to names. I’m already getting ready to go. (I’m even going to San Antonio this week to get my hat blocked and cleaned in preparation for the trip.)

I will certainly want to shake your hand, pick your brain and maybe also press you to autograph a well-worn book or two.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Sponsors