Please welcome John Rohner to the Cafe!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Our newest member is John Rohner, so please make him welcome! His user name is JRudyR.

Welcome, John!!

~Sam

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey John, long time no see. Hope all is well with you. Welcome to the forum.

Ron S

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Well, Well, Well Mr. John --- the last time I saw you was at the Washington, DC NRA show. And, I bought a Gravermiester from you & carried it directly home. I told you I'd take the show model you used at the show. Saved me shipping chg's & I got to use it that night. The word is out that you moved to our Blue Ridge mountains here In N.C. If so we are neighbors, I only live 5-6 hours east of you close to the beach. Proud to have here in the old north state. Wishing you the best ever new year .... Ken 910-221-5288

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, John is the R in GRS, the R in Rennasaince Man, and the R in Revival of American Engraving. More than an other individual, his pushing and proddinng in the 50s,60s, and early 70's brought the art of engraving to the forefront with many people, the Brownells, James B. Meek, Lynton McKenzie, Don Glaser, Steve Lindsay, Eric Gold, Ben Lane, and many many more that I can't think of at 5:30 in the morning were all impacted by John's interest and desire to see interest in engraving grow.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome John. I had the pleasure of meeting you in Emporia, KS several years ago.
I think it was at one of the Grand Masters events.

(In my best Scottish brogue) 'Tis a great thing you've done,lad. Can't thank ya' enough!!!

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome John. This is a good place to hang out. Most mothers would approve:) Can't wait to read your contributions.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Welcome John...I believe you'll like it here at the Cafe and all the fascinating things that are happening in the world of engraving. After reading Ken Hurst's thread I 'bout fell off my chair..laughing...only Ken would be able to talk you out of your GraverMeister:) HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum John. I was talking to a few guys at a black powder shoot last year and when the subject of engraving came up, your name was mentioned and the man told me you were living somewhere pretty close to Eden. I would love to meet with you sometime....maybe we can get together and go visit Ken...I'll drive! Any way, welcome and I look forward to your contributions.

Bill Moody

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forums John, I'm sure you'll have a great time here. Good to have you, Dwayne

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome John It's good to see you here and I am happy you liked the hammer head you asked me to engrave for you.
Marty