Engraver issue #81

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For all those waiting for the next issue of the ENGRAVER, issue #81 has arrived. The labels are made and are being packaged as we speak. I expect them to go out in today's or tomorrow's mail.
As usual, this issue seems to outshine the others. Many thanks to all that contributed to this issue!
Rex

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
If you seriously interested in engraving, you'll join FEGA and receive a copy bi-monthly. There is always so much beautiful work shown and many articles telling you how to do this or that. This is a must have, a no brainer. Go to fega.com & check it out Ken --- a charter member

Andrew Biggs

Yes to everything Ken has just said............

We are incredibley lucky to have world class engravers that take the time to write articles for the magazine.

This takes a lot of effort on their part and along with the photos and to and froing from me can be very time consuming for them. They share their techniques and ideas with us and all sorts of usful bits of information and inspiration. Plus the Around the traps photos of FEGA members work is always great to see.

It's always a real pleasure for me to work with them and to see their work in print.

Cheers
Andrew

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is a sample issue of the ENGRAVER on the front page of fega.com as well. It is an older issue but gives you an idea. The PDF version is by no means as nice as a real copy but gives an example. The magazine is published quarterly. Again, thanks to Andrew and ALL those members that contribute to this great magazine!
Link for the PDF
Rex

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just got my copy of "The Engraver" issue 81 this morning. I don't believe that there has ever been anything equal to "The Engraver" in the history of hand engraving and each issue outdoes the last. My thanks to the editor, Andrew Biggs and all of the contributors. And let's not forget the advertisers who help to make it possible.

Issue 81 has articles by Marty Rabino (FANCYGUN), John Barraclough (John B), Fred Bowen, Carl Bleile, Mike Dubber, Bill Gamradt, Bill Moody, and Winston Churchill. What a line up!!! The issue also contains a comprehensive list of engraving school schedules and photos of member's work.

If you are not a member of FEGA you are missing an invaluable publication for anyone seriously interested in hand engraving. And I should point out that while FEGA is an organization of gun engravers, the tips, tools, and most information contained in the magazine can be applied to nearly any form of hand engraving.

CRB

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
#81 just got here...
Another Great Issue....THANKS to all involved.....

If you're not a member of FEGA...you are definatly missing out......

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad you to hear they are showing up! They were mailed the Monday after Christmas and I didn't even get mine until Saturday and I live in the town they were mailed from!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got mine today also. I am very happy that I took the advice of fellow forumites and joined FEGA. My next goal, is to make it to the annual meeting in Reno some time in the future.

Being a skier, it would be great to go to Reno for the meeting and seminars and combine that with a few days of skiing in nearby Tahoe.

Peter

PaulM

Rex

My copy showed up today here in Maryland. Once again everyone associated with the magazine has done a superb job. Thanks for all you guys do for FEGA and good luck in Reno.

Paul Mace

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mine arrived today...........

Mine arrived today. Like everyone said it's another outstanding issue and I'm looking forward to reading it and looking at the pictures.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Roger, thanks for your kind words.
And thank you for all the work and encouragement you give to promote and foster FEGA and engraving in general.
Congratulations to brother Carl on the wonderful front cover showing his sculptured engraving
You guy's are one talented family.

John B.

Latest posts

Sponsors