My engraving room

Ray R Negron

Scott,

Let me start by thanks for the comments on my wife photo broach I made it basic some time for my self just to keep it the engraving sweet and simplicity. Now for vise stand I use 1.5" ID pluming pipe that I can slide up or down about 4 inches I also made some more longer ones if I need it to be higher. Also Under the fan I added 3/4 hole that I can add a ajustable PVC sced. 40 2.25 "T" slice in half with glued carpet just encase I need to rest a rifle barrel. As for the chair I have made 4 holes forward on the stand I very seldom move it since I am a prety big guy haha put white bear on me ho,ho Christmas. I take another picture with the support stand later time. Again thanks for the comments it all good for me I am always open thats how I learn have a Haapy New year.

Ray

Ray R Negron

Steve,

I made my engraving room a pleasure place to come to I also put training DVD or music CD while I am engraving the fan is a filter type since I some time use a rotor you realy don't want breath the metal I used to have a stool but that not good for long period of time so I chop off the legs on a office chair since it felt very good to sit on for me. Well thanks for the feed back I hope you have a Happy New Year along with your family.

Ray

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
I finally made myself my own happy place too right in my kitchen where I have some space. After seeing all of the great engraving set-ups here I was very motivated and bought a table at a second hand store-made up a steel vice holder, got some wood blinds for the window and now have a functional spot with everything at hand's reach. It sure beats the old kitchen table with things strewn everywhere. Being in the heart of the home with a functional working space is great, my workshop for metal is down in my cold New England basement so I sure do love having a window to look out if need be when I'm engraving and having the fridge for a cold Pepsi a mere few steps away! Thanks everybody for helping me get on the ball :)
PS: My sister had a great idea, I framed (cheap frames from the dollar store nonetheless) the western scroll cutting sequence and closing sequence, as well as a smoke pull form Dianne Scalese's class for reference. It's great to have them right at hands reach to refer to rather than grab and flip through my book (and I reversed the scroll too for left and right orientation) and they look nice as art and what inspires me. She also suggested putting my unfinished but best spur to date where I could see it to further motivate me and always be able to see rather than sit unseen in the house somewhere. Plus, it sits on a rock I got from the Grand Canyon so I can time trip back at times to a great vacation. Having something a few billion years old is rather humbling and keeps things in perspective :)
Paul

Attachments

• My-Station.jpg
    My-Station.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 155

Ray R Negron

Pual,

The best engraving work area is the one you feel good to be at when working on the project no matter how large or small the area is if every thing you might need is within your hand reach.

Ray

Sponsors