Engraved bolster

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo of a knife I had just finished, and a couple of you asked for a close up. I hope this is a better shot. I am, obviously, still learning and during my almost daily visits to this site, I continue to be inspired and amazed at the talent and skills displayed here by what must be the most generous group of artists I have ever encountered. Thank you all...I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and that 2009 will be the best ever for all of us....James

Attachments

• John Bolster.jpg
    John Bolster.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 224

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
James: Still can't see shading detail. Can you get even closer? Looks good. Congratulations.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
You are absolutely right about this being a generous group of artist. I have never seen anything like it. I am new and so I visit this site several times a day and now I eat and sleep engraving. I am always drawing, engraving, cutting out practice plates and polishing them up, making handles for my gravers, trying different angles etc. I found this art late in life and am making up for lost time. I am working toward the day when I can do to my knives what you have just done James. I will not ever achieve nearly what Sam, Marcus, John, and others have done, but with the help I am getting here. Who knows.

Latest posts

Sponsors