Christmas wife new photo broach

Ray R Negron

Well please advice comments on this gift that was given to my wife for Chistmas at her job I just had to engrave some thing have great Happy Happy New Year to all.

Ray

Attachments

• photo broach engraved_1.jpg
    photo broach engraved_1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 309

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think this style of engraving is reminscent of a late 19th century to mid 20th century factory engraving , where the animals were cut just as outlines so to speak with very little detail other than the basic shape. Same with the vegetation. Nothing is wrong with stopping at this level of detail if thats what you or the customer want. It is a viable style, and certainly is affordable for most people.
While there were times I copied a factory pattern like this customers, say a Winchester #5 pattern on a Model 12, for the most part I preferred putting more details into my animals.

For the most part I think its fine and I see nothing wrong that would'nt not be corrected with additonal practice as you gain greater tool control. The only thing IMO that is a little off is perhaps the proportion of some of the cougar or cheetahs's legs and head.

Last edited:

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Looks like a cheetah to me, in which case the head and legs would be correct.

Attachments

• gtotem_cheeta.jpg
    gtotem_cheeta.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 35

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
cheetah

my thoughts exactly,mack .sometimes i prefer this type of engraving,to the more elaborate styles.i think that people are tending to make things a little to busy these days,maybe due to the use of modern tooling and magnification,wanting to show off their abilities.just my oppinion.mike i like it!!!!!!!!

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for posting. I was saying to myself as I looked at your work graver control. You have more of it than I do. With practice I will get to your level.
Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors