HermanKnives website is finally back up!

hiloboy

Great site Tim, it good to see you back. and hope your feeling better..i'm looking forward to seeing more of your color engraving. been a long time fan of your work..

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you both. I will be doing alot more color engraving in the next coming years and will post some when I get it finished.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Tim, I haven't been to your site in a very long time. I have to say that your color engraving is absolutely stunning. Your background as an old school airbrush artist is obvious in your work. / ~Sam

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, Thank you very much. Coming from you that really means alot. I am going to be doing quite alot more of it in the future while I still can as my hands are hurting with carpal tunnel and pinched nerves in both wrists and elbows.

Being an airbrush illustrator for 30 years has had a great effect and has been very helpful in developing my engraving. I have always wanted my shading as smooth as in my airbrush art. My commercial art background has also helped alot with pigments and knowing which artists colors were ground fine enough to get into those tiny dots. In my new studio here at home I finally have hung my old airbrush paintings on the walls and love it. I did pinup girls when I was in high school so I have been at it awhile. In engraving , so many ducks, grouse etc... boring lol. I will never get bored doing new girls with each new engraving!:D

I have some great ideas for future color pieces and will post them when completed. Some art deco girls, Vargas girls. I have the see through black lingerie down pat:D Some classic pinup girls in the near future.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors