Die Sinking Info

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I was surfing around on the net and found this link to all my old newsletters I wrote when I owned Gallery Mint Museum. Many of the articles chronicled our trial and error adventures in recreating early coins using early technologies.

http://gmm.cdbpdx.com/news/

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
That's great Ron!

I still have paper copies of many of your newsletters, but finding them is always a challenge. Not anymore! Thanks for telling us.

Joe Paonessa

Those newsletters are a wealth of information, I couldn't stop reading them until I had read them all. Some of the articals I read more than once. These are wonderful newsletters; where can I get copies or do I have to print out my own copies?

Kindest Regards,
Debbie

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks guys, I'm glad you can find something of value in all that gobbledygook.

Those newsletters are a wealth of information, I couldn't stop reading them until I had read them all. Some of the articals I read more than once. These are wonderful newsletters; where can I get copies or do I have to print out my own copies?

I do not have complete sets of these except for my own, but am writing a book that will contain all all this info in more detail and from the perspective of a more experienced engraver/numismatist. I've learned a lot since writing these, especially the early editions.Of course, the museum didn't happen but I still feel the information is important to numismatists and engravers, since there really isn't anything that's been published that covers this stuff. After all, back when these methods where used in the Mint, a lot of this stuff was considered state secrets, but now most of it is obsolete and still valuable info the numismatic community.

They come in too small on my computer to read.

On my computer, when I run the curser over it, it becomes a little magnifying glass that I just hit the mouse button and it gets bigger. There must be someway on yours to make it bigger. Try hitting the control and + button.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Click on the individual pages and they open up to full size.

Not on all computers. It depends on your operating system and upgrades. With XP Pro, it opens into a small page. When the cursor is passed over the image, it activates magnify mode, which when clicked opens the image to full size. The magnify mode was an XP add-on that had to be downloaded and installed separately. Thus, not everyone has this feature.

Dave

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ah - I know what's going on.

I got tired of pictures - mostly ones from here - looking bad when I opened them and turned off the 'Enable Automatic Image Resizing' option (Tools/Internet Options/Advanced, under 'Multimedia' with IE). When I open a picture it always opens up full size (which is a pain less often than having it scaled to fit whatever window size happens to open).

Latest posts

Sponsors