Burrr

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, it's 10 below zero this afternoon with 30 to 35 mph wind, and gusting to 45 mph. About a 40 below windchill here in northern MT, and you can't see a thing through the snow. I think it's like this everyday where Rex lives. Maby I can finally get some engraving done. Seth

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
We went out to feed horses today, and couldn't see more than 100 ft. We are alot warmer at -2 and 40 mile an hour wind. You just don't look into the wind for long. Good day to engrave in my 45 degree office in the shop.
Rick

Ross

Seth you should have keep it in Montana Its blowing snow cold and getting colder here in Wyoming. Course
we're only 30 miles from Montana. Stay warm Seth.
Ross Parnell

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Well, I am in Florida and I think it only got to about 68 degrees here today brrr. LOL

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Boy, Ross Parnell and Rick Eaton. Two names I have not heard in awhile. Hope you both are doing well down south. Seth

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
Seth,
Yeh went out to the shop to engrave today, my shop isn't heated but the office is, well I left water in my aircompresser so the lines are froze. Got the day off today. Wasn't quite ready for the freeze. Will be prepared on monday. Other than that been doing well.
Thanks
Rick

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
Massachusetts is a disaster with the Ice storm. Almost a million people are still without power.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
We are getting hammered here on Orcas Island (WA) as I write.... high winds and cold with snow later..... the weather reports say it won't get above freezing for a week.... Keep warm.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member

Chatham, NY. Near Albany, on the Hudson River. Temp is dropping. Thousands of homes have no power. They estimate Wed for the earliest return of electricity.

Ross

Seth Its a warm -2 here and the wind is only about 30mph with gusts of about 50. so there are some advantages to living in the south. Closed the store early tonight so we could drive in the snow in the daylight to get home. Only supposed to get 4 to 6 inches tonight with another 2 to 4 tomarrow. I might get to do some engraving after we feed in the morning if I don't fall thru the ice when I chop holes for the cows and horses. Hey are you going to get to go to the handgun engraving class of Rex's?
Ross

joe seeley

Good thing my engraving bench is close to the wood stove, last I looked it was -7 and still a little daylight left. I think I'll stoke the stove and finish thish job up tomorrow.

Joe

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Be in the 70's today in sunny Florida...
I feel for all ya'll above the Mason Dixon Line, that line has been moved to the Florida and Alabama Line...
Jerry

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Seth,
We get the snow but not those kind of temps all the time. Actually, right now its raining here but I suspect the snow isn't far away.
Rex

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was VERY lucky in this ice storm. There is a LOT of damage within just a few miles from here but I was fortunate...THIS time.

It was an amazing sight to see the ice covering the tops of many trees nearby while at ground level everything was just wet. At higher elevations and colder temps the ice was over a quarter inch thick covering everything!

As of yesterday, more than 1,000,000 people were still without power in CT, MA, VT, NH and ME.

I'll take snow anytime over ice.

Peter

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kansas City - 60 and very windy here this Sunday morning. Winds are out of the South so we're warm.
Winds will be switching around to the North around lunch time so we'll go through freezing rain down to a low of 11 by Monday morning. May not get above freezing again all week.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ross, naw, I signed up for the bulino and just can't do both. How about you? I sure would if I could. On the plus side, I bought a Beretta (colt remake by uberti) single action 357 to try and learn on. It's case hardened, but I read you can cook it soft in the oven. A couple hours at 500 or something. Wood blocks and surgar to get the barrel off. I also bought a DVD on dissasembley and repair from the American gunsmithing AGI thingy. I haven't watched this particular one yet, but they have really good DVDs and I have used the dvds to fix other guns. Take care, Seth

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't you just love having to engrave waiting for your engraving block to warm up in the morning?? My block must have been 65 degrees this morning. HeeHeeHee

Ross

Seth
I haven't signed up for a class yet, waiting to hear if I can get someone to work for me for the handgun
class. If not I think I will look at the Design and layout class. Hey are you going to Reno for the FEGA show?
I will be going for the first time really looking forward to it. I got a US Firearms SAA in matte blue for a
gun to work on. Well It was -18 degrees when I went out to do chores and was a warm -21 when I came
back in, and the wind is still blowing. If you get down this way on your way to class stop in and say hello.
especially after the class so you can give me pointers. I need all the help I can get.

Ron that is the nice thing about having in floor radiant heat your engraving block is never cold and your feet
stay warm.

Stay warm everyone I'm going to go have some fun engraving.
Ross

tldcowboygear

Ok folks, you kept talking about it and it finally reached the panhandle of Texas. At noon today it was 62 degrees in Amarillo, at 1:15 it was 30 degrees and falling. Yuck, but at least no snow!

D.C.

Sponsors