silver bracelet

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a bracelet that I completed recently, I do mostly bright cut work and have been trying to broaden my horizons and try something new. Any comments or advice welcome. Ken

Attachments

• gun-bracelet-flat.jpg
    gun-bracelet-flat.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 231
  • gun-style-1.jpg
    gun-style-1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 225
  • gun-style-2.jpg
    gun-style-2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 195

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that's cool! Someone would pay top dollar to put that around some lucky lady's wrist this Christmas. Cool, Seth

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lovely!

The jeweler I do occasional work with would love to have that in his case.

And as Chris said, that design would lend itself well to a completely filligried look. In fact, I printed out a copy of the picture because I'm planning to do a bracelet like that and yours is a good example for me to refer to. I'm already modifying my ideas for mine a bit based on yours.

In some ways that's the problem with this place - it's so inspirational!

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the compliments, the backgrounds not cut out though, I relieved and oxidized it so it looks black.

Roger, So far I haven't found the market for it, but I'm still looking. It may have to go into the wife's collection. Ken

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Ken,
That is very nice work. I'm like Steve. I will have to spend some time studying it. Thanks for shareing with us.

Stewart

Ross

Ken
Very nice work and one heck of a good design. I think there is a market for this type of work even in our neck of the woods. One question would the outside edge catch on a woman's clothing? I am not the one
who thought of this my wife did. I like it but that would pose a problem unless you round the points so they
would not catch. Also I assume you cut the bracelet then cut out the outside with a jewelers saw.
Ross Parnell

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Ross,
The edge does not seem to be a problem, my wife has worn it without problem. I do cut it out after I engrave it, then I file it and polish and smooth the points. Ken

Latest posts

Sponsors