Rons book

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
Ron. Wow ! I got your book. It is everything the people on here have been saying about it and more. Thank you soo much. Mack

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mack you make me curious, I ordered two books from Ron in one packaged, "Advanced Drawing of Scrolls" and "Drawing & Understanding Scroll Designs" in one packet.

Self-Study Kit for Engravers

GRS is excited to offer an effective training kit for serious engravers as a compliment to Ron’s books. In this kit are precisely applied and highly detailed scroll patterns, 2 from each of Smith’s books and 2 not found in either book, on engravable practice plates and a Buck knife. This kit will allow you to execute in metal some of Ron’s “Rules for Beauty” and experience master level work at the same time.
Kit Includes:

* 2 designs from book #022-199-H on steel practice plates
* 2 designs from book #022-843-H on steel practice plates
* 2 designs not found in his books on steel practice plates
* 1 Buck Knife (#019-001) with Smith design
* 1 steel practice plate with same pattern as knife
* Prints of each pattern shown in three different sizes

I will be buzzy for a while

arnaud

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Enjoy it in good health, Mack!

Sorry it looks so crappy on the cover, but the information is what is important. I am pretty proud of it however, I did the graphics and all myself and didn't know squat about computers at the time.

I believe it will show you the easiest way to begin to construct scrolls. Learn the parts and then assemble them. Good luck!!

Those packets that Arnaud are talking about are very small and tedious engravings and require good tool control. I would wait until you get your tools down and get good control. It would only frustrate you at this point and you need to have some good successes before taking on a task like that. You are also only using a hammer and chisel right now. I did most of the shading with a palm tool, no power.

Ron S

Ray R Negron

Mack,

I have 2 Ron Smiths books and I use them as a guide lots of time as I draw out scrolls on a layout design on many of my projects during the drawings phase great books thats for shure.

Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors